Maybe you love Anne Hathaway's orthodontia-brochure smile. Maybe you loathe the way she cradled her Supporting Actress Oscar like an enfant and cooed, "It came true!" Maybe you don't have any opinion on Anne Hathaway one way or the other because you have your own life to live and she's probably just a hologram created by the unemployed visual effects crew from Life of Pi anyway. In any case, it might surprise you to learn that Anne Hathaway, of the straight-toothed Hathaways, got really pissed off at Les Miserablululululuss screen-progeny Amanda Seyfried just days before the Academy Awards for planning to wear a gown eerily similar to her own.
Anne Hathaway, as we all know, was all set to accept her Oscar in a Valentino gown. That is, until Amanda Seyfried, just a day before the Academy Awards, showed Anne Hathaway a picture of her own gown and Anne panicked, realizing that the two gowns were far too similar. So, according to the shadowy sources that mill around backstage at Academy Awards dress rehearsals, a tiff ensued:
"Anne was like 'WTF?!'" the source reports. "She started throwing a fit!" The 30-year-old Best Supporting Actress victor, however, "never told Amanda she had to change the dress." Still, Seyfried, 27, was ruffled by Hathaway's tirade. "Amanda didn't want to deal with it and left" the rehearsal, the source notes.
But the drama didn't end there — spilling into Oscars Sunday, as Hathaway fretted over the switch-up with her glam squad at home. "Anne made the fashion, make up, hair, and jewelry teams wait at her home for hours as she decided what to do about the dress debacle," a second insider tells Us. The star also "asked for silence so she could rehearse her singing for the Les Mis tribute at the Oscars. It was a painfully long experience."
Holy shit! When did Anne Hathaway and Amanda Seyfried join the cast of Smash? [Us]
Actress Siobhan Finneran, whom most of you probably know as Sarah O'Brien, the icicle-eyed wraith stalking the halls of Downton Abbey, has announced that she will be leaving the series. No word yet on how the show will fill the vacuum of evil left by Finneran's departure, but this seems like a really good opportunity for O'Brien to finally get her comeuppance by way of some grisly exposition at the beginning of Season Four: "Ah, it's very sad," Mr. Carson might tell Downton's staff, "about Mrs. O'Brien. She fell asleep in India and was eaten alive by Bengal tigers." [HuffPo]
People are going ape shit for Jennifer Lawrence's Silver Linings Playbook wardrobe. How ape shit, you ask? The sports bra that JLaw wore in the movie sold at auction for more than $3,000. Nobody bid on Bradley Cooper's sweat-slicked trash bag, though. [CBS]
Lil Poopy, the diminutive lyricist future classics professors will discourse at length on when teaching students about the decadence of the late North American Empire, has been forsaken by his rap mentor French Montana. Maybe it's for the best, though, that the nine-year-old Poopy is no longer officially or unofficially affiliated with Cocaine City Records. [Atlantic Wire]
- Adam Levine and Matthew Morrison are going to duet. [Us]
- LeAnn Rimes might get her own talkie-box show. [Us]
- Ben Affleck went full papa bear on a paparazzo that got too close to his daughter Seraphina. [VH1]
- Olivia Wilde can't stop showing everyone how big her engagement ring is. Did she mentioned that she's engaged? To Jason Sudeikis, noted Kansan? [E!]
- Maybe Lindsay Lohan should host the Oscars next year, you know, as part of a work release program or something. [E!]
- Jeffrey Simon Hubbard, the jet ski operator who allegedly ran over Usher's stepson, Kile Glover in Georgia last summer, was indicted on Thursday. [TMZ]
- Bonnie Franklin, the sitcom mom from One Day at a Time, died Friday at her Los Angeles home at the age of 69. [E!]
- David Beckham wants everyone to know that he did not use a body double while running around mostly naked in an H&M ad. [E!]
- Ja Rule will be getting out of jail in July, when he can start paying all his back taxes. [LA Times]
- Luca, the 11-month-old spawn of Hilary Duff is a shitty walker. [Us]
- Tori Spelling talked about how thoroughly pissed she is at Star magazine for continuing to insist that she's relevant. [E!]
- The Parent Television Council has gleefully clambered aboard the "down with Seth MacFarlane" bandwagon, which will be doing a 20-city tour this summer before sitting down in Duluth for a chili cook-off this June. Mark your calendars. [E!]
- Jim Parsons from The Big Bang Theory and Taylor Kitsch from every box office bomb of 2012 will be starring in Ryan Murphy's Nip/Tuck prequel, Tuck/Nip: The Christian Troy Diaries. Kidding — there is no Nip/Tuck prequel, just an HBO movie called The Normal Heart about the HIV-AIDS crisis in 1980s New York. [Deadline]
- If you had a rough week, take heart: this fat cat went swimming. In a lifejacket. It was wonderful. [Videogum]