I guess one could pooh-pooh Angelina Jolie's commitment international philanthropy by saying, "Well, she has a million billion dollars—she can AFFORD to fly all over the world collecting babies and speaking warmly with overlooked refugees. I would do that too, except I only have $40." And yeah yeah, big guy, maybe you'd do that, but it seems just as likely that you'd do what almost all other celebrities do and buy platinum Segways for all your pets. Or whatever. I guess what I'm saying is that if Angelina Jolie is such an ice queen, then why does she seem like such a genuinely earnest person who flies around the world helping people? If that's not enough, then how do you suggest people go about helping people? ANSWER THE QUESTION.
Anyway, Jolie went to the Syria-Jordan border to meet with refugees:
"What I saw last night is a dramatic example of the plight of hundreds of thousands of Syrians who have been uprooted by the fighting and are in a desperate search for safety," Jolie said Thursday on her second mission to the region in three months.
"Civilians inside the country are being targeted. Many of those trying to flee are exposed to extreme danger right up to the border itself. I appeal to all sides in the conflict to do all they can to ensure the safe passage of these innocent civilians."
Good on ya, Jolie. [UNHCR]
Snoop "You're the Lion Now" Dogg admits to smoking "81 blunts a day." ACTUAL LOLZ. Some other revelations from his recent ask-me-anything on Reddit:
StongBad: What's the longest you've gone without smoking?
shagadelik: Do you roll your own blunts or are they rolled for you?
avenx: What was it like working with Ben Stiller and Owen Wilson in Starsky & Hutch?
Those cats can smoke uhearme
Shalom86: Who's better at smoking weed, Dave Chapelle or Dr. Dre?
March1989: I've heard that you've said Willie Nelson is the only person who has outsmoked you. Is this true?
Willie is 1 of tha greatest to do it!! Smokn n music
spookyjack123: Do you believe in the taxation of Mary Jane with legalization, or would you prefer to see it have little to no taxes ?
Legalize it n if that means tax it then do it
Agreed, Mr. Lion. [HuffPo]
Stephen Baldwin has been arrested on charges of evading$350,000 in taxes and literally destroying the entire state of New York:
The "Usual Suspects" star faces up to four years in prison if convicted on the felony charge. Baldwin, 46, of Upper Grandview, N.Y., is the sibling of acting brothers Alec, Billy and Daniel.
"At a time when Rockland County and New York State face severe fiscal shortfalls, we cannot afford to allow wealthy residents to break the law by cheating on their taxes," said Rockland County District Attorney Thomas Zugibe.
"The defendant's repetitive failure to file returns and pay taxes over a period of several years contributes to the sweeping cutbacks and closures in local government and in our schoolsk," he said.
This is why we can't have nice Baldwins. [NYDN]
- "Ugly. Is it a boy or a girl?" - former Vogue editor Babs Simpson on Lady Gaga's Vogue cover. [WOWReport]
- Adriana Lima "got her body back" (after a baby STOLE IT!!!) by punching shit. [Hello]
- Martha Stewart got salmonella from touching too many turkeys! [E!]
- Lindsay Lohan "rode The Wanted's bus to Boston"—LITERALLY. But also probably figuratively. In a sex way. [TMZ]
- Here's Michael Strahan making his Broadway debut in Elf: The Musical. Squee. [Extra]
- Here's a picture of the inside of Shakira's baby-chamber. [People]
- Barbra Streisand is considering Lady Gaga for the lead in her remake of Gypsy. Babz 'n' Gagz. [Vulture]
- Something about Jessica Biel's body. [DailyMail]
- Jennifer Lopez and Casper "The Friendly" Smart were looking at diamond rings. [Radar]
- Roger Ebert is in the hospital with a broken hip. [E!]
- PERHAPS SOME DAY I WILL CHILL THIS HARD. [BuzzFeed]