Sienna Miller is with child! As soon as we're done cheering, let's also take a moment to breathe a sigh of relief that said child does not belong to her former on-again-off-again flame Jude Law. Instead, the baby daddy is 26-year-old actor Tom Sturridge—whom you may also know as Robert Pattinson's best friend (and, from the looks of it, his secret brooding vampire twin).
Sturridge and Miller, 30, have been dating for about a year, and the couple's friends report, "They're really good together." That's good, because according to some sources, they're also engaged! Radar says it happened in Paris over Christmas—where he filled their hotel room with flowers before giving her a "vintage Victorian ring." But before you get all spazzy and do a dance of joy for Sienna, you should know that Us Weekly says the couple has no plans to marry. Well, we'll have to wait and see, but, regardless, the baby is due in June.
Here's your WTF of the day: ABC is reportedly interested in having Rob Lowe take Regis Philbin's old spot across from Kelly Ripa. Lowe just did a two-day guest hosting stint, and, according to TMZ, the network "loved the chemistry between them." They want to have him join the show for good, but Lowe is non-committal. Good heavens! Remember back in the day when Rob Lowe was a playboy with a scandalous sex tape? Who would have thought that someday he'd be deemed suitable for making idle TV chitchat in front of America's grandmothers? You've come a long way, Robby. [TMZ]
After suffering from "mild kidney failure," Nick Cannon has a good prognosis and will be getting out of the hospital in the next few days, according to a tweet from his wife Mariah Carey. That is welcome news, indeed! Here's something to think about: the last time one of them was in the hospital, they came home with twins, and www.dembabies.com was born. What are the odds this time we'll see the launch of www.demkidneys.com? [Extra TV]
After we've spent the day being grossed out by director David O. Russell's creeptastic attempt to feel up his transgender niece's breasts, it's been revealed that he will not face charges for the incident. The Broward County Sherriff's Office has said that the investigation is over, and unless the victim decides to take her case to the State's Attorney, no charges will be filed. Of course, regardless of any legal action, the court of public opinion will be delivering its own damning judgment of him. [TMZ]
- Beyoncé = Still Pregnant. [ONTD]
- While out shopping with his mom at a party supply store in Hollywood, Pax Jolie-Pitt pointed a fake gun at some paparazzi in the parking lot. Though you'd think Angelina Jolie would be one of those granola moms who enforced the "no pointing guns of any kinds at people" rule, she appeared to get a kick out of Pax taking aim. Maybe there's some kind of exception to that rule for paparazzi? [HuffPo]
- Rest easy, SVU addicts, NBC has announced that Mariska Hargitay isn't leaving the show anytime soon—she's committed through next year—and Harry Connick Jr. is joining the cast as her love interest. Well, he's no Elliot Stabler, but he'll do in a pinch. [AP]
- Speaking of NBC, both Ryan Seacrest and Matt Lauer's contracts with the network are about to be up. There had been some talk of giving Lauer's Today Show spot to Seacrest, but NBC chairman Bob Greenblatt is saying that's not going to happen: "The No.1 priority is keeping Matt on Today and figuring way to keep Ryan in the family." Can't see what could possibly go wrong here—it certainly worked flawlessly when they tried to do something similar with Conan and Jay Leno! [Deadline]
- A little piece of good news for Justin Bieber's gal pal, Selena Gomez. This morning a judge granted her a restraining order against her stalker, Thomas Brodnicki, who now has to stay away from her for the next three years. [E! Online]
- For those of you still nursing your N'Sync-era crushes on JC Chasez, here's some fuel to add to your fire: he rescued a baby in danger! He was on the beach in Miami on New Year's Day when a low-flying helicopter sent a sun umbrella hurtling toward a one-year-old girl. Chasez jumped in an kept it from hitting the little lady. Swoon. [E! Online]
- Always wonder what it'd look like if Kat Dennings and Nick Zano canoodled at a basketball game? Here is your answer! [ONTD]
- Following in the footsteps of every other celebrity this holiday season, actor Josh Lucas has said he's engaged to his girlfriend—though he won't reveal who she is. He says he decided this mystery woman was the one after the two stayed at an eco resort in the wilds of California, and he had a run-in with a mountain lion:
That night, I then go home at 4 o'clock in the morning and I don't have a flashlight. And as I'm going up, I get to the point where I can see nothing, I am now going along hand by hand and I hear, totally serious, two big breaths, and six feet above me, I see the very slight glint of the eyes of a huge mountain (lion) and I literally proceed to do what I had just read in the instructions. And I started screaming and yelling and literally being as crazy as I could be. It padded off and just slowly went away and I worked my way into the trailer and I got in and I decided at that moment that this woman was the woman for me.
- Hmm, well, people have certainly based their marriage decisions on far stranger things than encounters with deadly jungle cats. [Contact Music]
- Chaz Bono is single and ready to mingle! Specifically, he wants to hit the dance floor and impress the ladies with his Dancing with the Stars moves. [ONTD]
- Kiptyn Locke, of Bachelor Pad "fame," had to have emergency back surgery yesterday because he had ruptured discs compressing his spine. The operation was a success, and he's expected to make a full recovery. [E! Online]
- Griffin O'Neal, oldest son of Ryan O'Neal, just can't stay out of trouble. He was arrested on New Year's Eve after someone from his family called 911 and complained that he'd been drinking too much. The police showed up and found that he'd been "aggressive toward his spouse." He's out on bail and also awaiting sentencing from a DUI accident in August. [E! Online]
- Former Fleetwood Mac guitarist Bob Weston was found dead at his home in London on Friday. He was 64 and appeared to have died of natural causes. [Reuters]