When it comes to helping poor children, Angelina Jolie is willing to go above and beyond. Apparently it's no longer enough for her to travel the world talking to them—or even adopting them. No, now it seems she's found a new way of connecting with them: by going hungry herself.
A source has said that Jolie "puts herself on fasts to make statements for the children she visits. She says, 'If they can't eat, I can't eat.'" Wait, is she fasting when she's with the poor children? Or, like, at home on a random Thursday? It's not totally clear. Either way, a little solidarity isn't a bad thing, but how much does this really accomplish? Are they any less hungry if they know someone else is also hungry (but could eat a sandwich made of gold anytime she wanted)?
Also, the source says Angie "does different cleanses from around the world. It's very dramatic, but that's how she gets." Wow, she sounds like she'd be a lot of fun to go out to dinner with. Of course all of this has Brad Pitt concerned. Says the source, "He's worried about her and has made her see a zillion doctors, but they keep telling her she's fine." Well, a zillion doctors can't be wrong! [Us Weekly]
Luckily, it's not all light-headed deprivation for Angelina. She's very excited for the holidays! She says, "I've been shopping. I've been getting the stockings together." Let's hope all the little Jolie-Pitt's don't open their stockings on Christmas morning to find tiny bottles of various international juice cleanses. [E! Online]
Meanwhile, please congratulate Jennifer Aniston on being given the title of "Hottest Woman of All Time" by the readers of Menshealth.com. She beat out a lot of women—like every woman ever to live—for the honor, including some pretty heavy hitters. Rounding out the top five are Raquel Welch, Marilyn Monroe, Britney Spears, and Madonna. Angelina Jolie is tenth, in case you were wondering. For her part, Aniston gave her own choices for the title: "It's a tie between Bridgitte Bardot and Gloria Steinem. But if I had to choose one, I'd say Gloria because, well, she's the full package. That's sexy." [Us Weekly]
Tom Cruise says he and Katie Holmes went to dance classes together—hip-hop classes, no less—to help him prepare for his role in the musical Rock of Ages. Please, please, please tell me that someone took some secret cameraphone footage of that. The sight of those two doing hip-hop moves would make the perfect Christmas gift for all of humanity. [MTV]
Matt Damon was spotted playing a homeless person in a digital short for this weekend's SNL, hosted by Katy Perry. From the on-set photos, it looks like the sketch involves eating some pizza. What else do we have to look forward to? Well, according to Katy Perry, the writers had kind of a one-track mind:
There were a lot of [skit] pitches about my boobs. I was cool about that, but I'm not sure all of it [got] in. So we'll see.
Homeless people eating pizza! Boob jokes! What will they think of next? [Access Hollywood]
- Rosie O'Donnell and David Letterman are in a TV fight. Earlier this week, Dave joked about Rosie's engagement to her girlfriend of three months,
The woman [Rosie] is marrying, her fiancée, was driving... and her car broke down. And guess what happened? Rosie pulls up right behind her in a tow truck.
- Rosie then sounded off about Letterman's joke on her OWN show:
Why is that Dave? Why? I don't remember making fun of you when you had sex with all your interns! I didn't make fun of your rampant, throbbing heterosexuality, did I, Dave?
- She also gave a top five list of reasons she'll never go on his show. Now we just have to wait to see if Dave will give one of his "I'm sorry but not that sorry" apologies or if he instead eviscerates her in a rambling 15-minute diatribe. Only time will tell. [Extra TV]
- In a mind-twisting move, last night real Occupy Wall Street protesters occupied a fake tent city that had been constructed as a set for Law & Order: SVU. The show was supposed to start filming an episode centered around the movement today, but the actual movement was not cool with that at all. So they launched a real protest inside a fake protest site. Very meta. Anyway, after a brief stand-off, the protesters were kicked out by police, and the show's permit to film was also pulled. Give it about two weeks, and we'll see a an SVU "ripped from the headlines" episode about a crime that happens when there's a real protest on the fake set of a TV show. [Time]
- Everyone's new crush, Michael Fassbender, threw up during the filming of his new movie Haywire. Apparently he was filming an action scene when he was hit in the head with a vase. Here's his accounting of what happened:
One thing they told me was, "When the vase comes up, turn your head so it smashes the thing, don't look at the vase." Of course in the first take I was like, "Oh s**t!" Bang. Everything went bright for a few seconds and, of course, that's the take they used. We filmed the whole fight over two days and at the end of the second day I just remember I came back to the hotel and I puked up.
- Next time, Michael, call us and we'll come hold an ice pack on your head! [IMDB]
- Many people would do anything to be naked next to Charlize Theron, but according to her Young Adult co-star Patton Oswalt, the experience wasn't as awe-inspiring as you'd think:
Why do I have to be in my underwear next to the most physically perfect person on the planet? Why couldn't I have been next to John Goodman or Michael Moore in their underwear? It was a dream that turned into a nightmare.
- He's probably not going to get a ton of sympathy on this. But let's think about more important things; why has the world not yet seen a love scene between Patton Oswalt and John Goodman? What do we need to do to make that happen? [Yahoo!]
- Ed Westwick took matters into his own hands last night when someone got out of control in a New York bar where the Gossip Girl star was hanging out. After a customer argued with the bartender and knocked drinks off the bar, a fellow drinker says Westwick schooled the drunk guy: "Ed lifted him up by the collar and dragged him out." Then he went back in with his friends "like nothing happened," obviously. [New York Post]
- Zac Efron donated a bunch of his old clothing to a charity that helps disadvantaged teens. The charity says special tags are going to be put on the clothes he donated so the kids who get them will know they're wearing clothes once worn by one of the 900 celebrities who appeared in the movie New Year's Eve. [OMG!]
- Fans of Nate Berkus, brace yourselves. His show has been cancelled. They're going to finish out this season, and then we will have one less person on television telling us how to redecorate our houses. [HuffPo]
- Following the miscarriage of her 20th child, Michelle Duggar is doing well physically and is resting at home. [People]
- Elisabetta Canalis was treated to special serenade outside a restaurant by a street performer who used "a mic and very large boom box" to sing a song he'd written just for her. George Clooney probably never did that! [E! Online]
- Jodie Foster's estranged father, Lucius, has been sentenced to five years in jail for a construction scam in which he stole $130,000. [People]
- Hulk Hogan has filed a defamation suit against his ex-wife Linda Bollea saying that she lied about him in her new book. The most interesting part of this is that he filed using his real name, which is Terry Bollea. Hulk's real name is Terry? This. Changes. Everything. [Yahoo!]