After completing treatment for "emotional and physical issues" involving bulimia, anorexia, self-mutilation, depression and bipolar disorder in January, 18-year-old Demi Lovato says she is still recovering.
"I'm going to mess up, and I'm not going to be perfect," she says. "But as long as I try every day to get better and better myself, then I'm one step ahead of where I was before."
Her issues, she says, stem from her childhood – not from her life in the spotlight. "They are issues that every girl deals with," she explains. "Cutting has become so common with so many girls, and in almost every family, people have tried it or experimented with it. And there is addiction all over the place."
Still, "it doesn't make it easier being in front of cameras while I'm trying to be in recovery from an eating disorder."
"I feel a little rejected by the Latina community. I say that in jest-I don't sincerely mean it. But I mean...a little bit. My grandfather had a pretty terrible experience being in America and being from Spain," she says sounding a bit more serious. "He came to this country as an immigrant with his family. He was a crop picker: strawberries, cotton, all that kind of stuff. And what would happen back in those days is that parents would go away and send their small children to a boarding house or an orphanage."—Buffy The Vampire Slayer's Charisma Carpenter. [ONTD]
Jennifer Aniston was "HOLDING HANDS" with boyfriend Justin Theroux, everyone!!! They are traveling together and they are, I repeat, HOLDING HANDS!!! [PerezHilton]
- Giuliana Rancic says she and her husband slept together on their second date. [US]
- Here's a video of Judge Stephanie Sautner getting pretty fed up with Lindsay Lohan. [TMZ]
- So, uh Snooki's writing a second book. [CelebBuzz]
- Bad news, Hobbit fans. Peter Jackson says there "will not be a Hobbit presentation at Comic Con in San Diego this year." [Facebook]
- Did Rumer Willis get a "boob job"? [Celebitchy]
- Remember when pole dancing was all the rage? Well, Eva Longoria is keeping the trend alive. [INFDaily]
- Kate Holmes dresses up in leather and lace for Vogue. [E!]