In a very special edition of today's best comments, the former president delivers a teary-eyed ode to "Sir Mixes A Lot."
• Best Comment Of The Day in response to San Francisco Bans Toys From Happy Meals:
This isn't the nanny state. This is your mean older neighbor babysitting you and ignoring you while she talks to her boyfriend state.
• Best Comment Of The Day, also in response to San Francisco Bans Toys From Happy Meals:
"Mayor McCheese could not be reached for comment."
• Best Comment Of The Day in response to Therapy Parties Are The Worst Idea Ever:
This is just a graduated form of the game I used to play in my basement in junior high—Spin the DSM-IV. Everyone was dying to land on generalized anxiety disorder. He was so hot.
• Best Comment Of The Day in response to Mom Defends 5-Year-Old Son's Cross-Dressing Costume:
He would have gotten away with it unscarred if it weren't for those meddling Moms.
• Best Comment Of The Day in response to Gatsby Update: Are These Two Ladies The Finalists For Daisy:
I'll take neither one and save my $14, Alex. If I want to see boobs attempt to emote, I'll stare at my own in the mirror, like every Wednesday night.
• Best Comment Of The Day in response to Bill Clinton Weighs In On Lil Wayne's Release From Prison:
First time I heard 'Sir Mixes A Lot', I wasn't sure what that man was saying. Chelsea pointed out some sort of urban dictionary to find out what "sprung" meant in the context of his lyrics. That man's a poet. A poet and a hero.
Reminder: Rather than emailing us your daily comment nominations, we'd like you to submit them in the tips box at the top of the page. So send us your nominations via that box — complete with the outstanding comment's URL — and tag your nomination #cotd. (Replying to a comment with "#cotd" does not work.) From here on out, we'll mine through the brilliance via the Comment of the Day tag page.
Use #trollpatrol to report comments that you feel the editors/mods should be aware of. Try not to respond to/approve/promote trollish comments in the threads — instead, just post the comment on the #trollpatrol page, the same way you'd post a comment on #groupthink or on the #cotd page, and the editors/mods will take care of it.
For meetups, use the meetup tag page!
Oh! My God! I Miss You" />