Our analysis: Today's best comments are cute and clever.
• Best Comment Of The Day in response to The Fallout Over Stephen Fry's Sexual Insights:
Interestingly, because they don't need to have sex to "pay for a relationship," due to mutual disinterest, lesbian women never have sex.
• Best Comment Of The Day, also in response to The Fallout Over Stephen Fry's Sexual Insights:
Mr. Fry followed to his musings on the differences between men and women with: "And what's the deal with airline food? Serisously?.... Is this thing on?"
• Best Comment Of The Day in response to Award For LGBT Kid Lit Will Inevitably Cause Homophobe Hysteria:
Well, I mean, they have a point. When I was 7 I read, "Good Night Moon" and decided I was a lunar sexual. Kids really are influenced by literature.
• Best Comment Of The Day in response to Ryan Gosling's Friend Is Such A Dummy:
Bianca will be devastated.
• Best Comment Of The Day in response to A Guide To The Global Spread Of Incredibly Creepy Cuddle Parties:
Clearly some of these people are creepy opportunists, and that completely undoes the possible benefits of cuddle parties.
This is why I am currently pioneering pupnotism, a form of psychotherapy wherein people are made to lie down on the floor and are covered with playful, and eventually sleepy, puppies. It has a 100% success rate. Look for chains in your city soon.
Reminder: Rather than emailing us your daily comment nominations, we'd like you to submit them in the tips box at the top of the page. So send us your nominations via that box — complete with the outstanding comment's URL — and tag your nomination #cotd. (Replying to a comment with "#cotd" does not work.) From here on out, we'll mine through the brilliance via the Comment of the Day tag page.
Use #trollpatrol to report comments that you feel the editors/mods should be aware of. Try not to respond to/approve/promote trollish comments in the threads — instead, just post the comment on the #trollpatrol page, the same way you'd post a comment on #groupthink or on the #cotd page, and the editors/mods will take care of it.
For meetups, use the meetup tag page!
Oh! My God! I Miss You" />