Today's best comments are here!
• Best Comment Of The Day in response to Porn Comes To The Kindle:
A Sale of Two Titties, by Charles Dickins:
"It was the best of behinds, it was the worst of behinds...."
• Best Comment Of The Day in response to Courtney Love Somewhat Capably Cover "Bad Romance":
I'm looking forward to Courtney's version of Poker Face:
i wanna hold 'em like they do in Texas, please,
Hold 'em, raise it, hit me, family wizard, Francis Bean
Russian Roullette is not the same without a gun,
why dont you ever talk to me? your therepist's a c***
Woah, woah-oh, oh, oh,
Woah, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh
I talk a lot, about the issues I got
Can't read my, can't read my,
No, you can't read my Twitter Page
(It's completely incoherent)
Can't read my, can't read my,
No you can't read my Twitter Page
(TMI and lots of typos)
Edit: because I forgot the Woah-oh part of the song.
• Best Comment Of The Day in response to "Jennifer Aniston Is Hot But Pathetic" And Other Ladymag Wisdom:
"When in doubt, stick a finger in his ass."
• Best Comment Of The Day, also in response to "Jennifer Aniston Is Hot But Pathetic" And Other Ladymag Wisdom:
- Your beauty routine is missing a critical step. Don't have a beauty routine? Oh god, this is going to take forever to explain. Lady Fail.
- Single? It's because you're self-sabotaging. Get where the boys are (see p. 47 "Where the Boys Are!"), open up to an office romance (see p. 63 "Eat, Work, Love"), and update your beauty routine (see above). But have fun because being single is F-U-N! Unless you're over 35. OMG, you're single and over 35? Lady Fail.
- In a relationship? Here is a list of problems you're obviously having (codependent, cheating, thinking about cheating, becoming your mother, not having enough sex, your beauty routine). Don't have major relationship problems? Are you absolutely, 100%, postively sure? Exactly. Lady Fail.
- Gay? Listen, ladymags love gay folks. We're just not for gay folks. Unless you're a gay makeup artist/hair stylist/wardrobe stylist. Then we totally want to you to contribute to this month's "beauty routine" feature!
- Oh, and here's an outrageously priced designer item that no one really needs. Isn't it funny how much it costs? We totally wouldn't tell you to buy it, because we're reasonable. Though... it is really pretty. It would probably make you look amazing. And land you a man. And streamline your beauty routine. And impress all your gay friends who don't read this magazine. But whatever! We're not about consumer goods or advertising! And we don't want you to feel bad because you don't have all the things we're pimping. But if you do, check out our feature on women and depression ("I Haz a Sad, p. 98).
Reminder: Rather than emailing us your daily comment nominations, we'd like you to submit them in the tips box at the top of the page. So send us your nominations via that box — complete with the outstanding comment's URL — and tag your nomination #cotd. (Replying to a comment with "#cotd" does not work.) From here on out, we'll mine through the brilliance via the Comment of the Day tag page.
Use #trollpatrol to report comments that you feel the editors/mods should be aware of. Try not to respond to/approve/promote trollish comments in the threads — instead, just post the comment on the #trollpatrol page, the same way you'd post a comment on #groupthink or on the #cotd page, and the editors/mods will take care of it.
For meetups, use the meetup tag page!
Oh! My God! I Miss You" />