Um, we beg to differ. Examples follow.
Last night Elisabeth Hasselbeck was on The Tonight Show to promote her forthcoming book The G-Free Diet: A Gluten-Free Survival Guide. Jay, of course, asked her about her political views, pointing out that she's a "real conservative, not a Hollywood conservative," meaning that her conservatism goes beyond fiscal matters. The pro-lifer disagreed, saying that she mainly cares about fiscal matters, and that socially, she tries "not to get judge-y."
Well, we've seen her judge-y.
- Like that time she said that people get abortions for "superficial reasons." (You know, like when us gals just don't feel like getting fat.)
- And the time she refused to admit that Prop 8 was about anything but "democracy."
- Or how about her views on "sluts"?
- And how she doesn't masturbate but doesn't want her husband playing with himself, either.
- There's also that time that she tried to get a pair of teens to stop making out in the park, thinking it would lead to s-e-x.