- Would you like a limited-edition carrying case with your ninety-pound September Vogue? Yeah, sorry, you only get one of you're an "FOV" — which we think is sort of like being an "SOB." [The Fashion Informer]
- Did you know Sting named his daughter "Fuschia"? She just mutilated her Dior gown. "Galliano would kill me," she says. Oh, we'd so happily do it for him. [WWD, 3rd item]
- Sean "Diddy" Combs will be airing the launch of his newest fragrance live on YouTube on Wednesday night. And yes: there will be liveblogging. [WWD, 4th item]
- Cavalli For H&M pix here. [Sassybella]
- Seventeen is going to do a whole special makeover section with women who have survived breast cancer. Which we think is really cool, but like: their readers are mostly thirteen, right? Um. [WWD, final item]
- More breast cancer-beautifying joint-venturing; buy a bra, cure the disease. [FabSugar]
- Did TopShop head honcho Philiip Greene really manage to make La Wintour laugh? During a fashion show? Eyewitness report, please. [Vogue UK]
- Please do us a favor: Will you read this interview with Elle Macpherson and tell us if it also seems to you that English is not her native tongue? [GlamChic]
- The Gap of France, Zadig & Voltaire, is suing Gap France, saying that they have stolen their designs. Such as: the T-shirt. Good lord. [WWD, sub req'd]
I took the September Vogue with me to the recovery room after my surgery a month ago. It was nice for my friend to have it to leaf through as she waited a couple of hours for my brain and body to start working again. It was also nice to hold on my lap while I was dozing in and out - it was just heavy enough to feel like it was weighing me down, which was comforting at the time. Surreal, but comforting.
I must admit, the cover photo looked no better when I was under the influence of serious drugs, so I have no idea what inspired the stylist.