Several outlets reported on Thursday that actor Michelle Williams revealed in an an interview with Vanity Fair’s Amanda Fortini that she married Mount Eerie’s Phil Elverum earlier this month in “a secret ceremony in the Adirondack, witnessed by only a handful of friends and their two daughters.”
Williams was previously in a three-year relationship with the actor Heath Ledger, with whom she had her daughter, Matilda. Ledger died from an accidental overdose of prescription medication in 2008. Elverum has also experienced the loss of a loved one: In 2016, his late wife Geneviève Castrée died from pancreatic cancer. The couple had a daughter together.
Williams called her relationship with Elverum “very sacred and very special.” She said that, “Ultimately the way he loves me is the way I want to live my life on the whole. I work to be free inside of the moment. I parent to let Matilda feel free to be herself, and I am finally loved by someone who makes me feel free.”
Very happy these two have found each other! It’s incredibly sweet and hopeful.
It’s quite simple these days to shade Johnny Depp. Here his ex, Amber Heard, apparently takes a jab at the actor’s knuckle tattoos, which were altered after the two broke up. It’s believed that he originally got them to honor the love they shared.
I feel seen.
- Eiza Gonzalez and Josh Duhamel reportedly broke up. [ET]
- Thanks SJP! Except…you kinda should agree with her policies (or at least favor them over the status quo) and vote for her if you are able! [Page Six]
- Wee oo wee oo Deadwood movie alert! [EW]
- The bob is back, but did it ever really leave? [Elle]
- The intensity with which Gwyneth Paltrow responded to this joke is funnnnay. [E! News]