Another celebrity feud? Or just another person who finds Iggy Azalea distasteful?
Last week, The Guardian asked Halsey if she felt she could “police” which artists she collaborated with on her own album, and she gave this response: “Yes, I can, and there’s a lot of people I would’t put on my record. Iggy Azalea: absolutely not. She had a complete disregard for black culture. Fucking moron. I watched her career dissolve and it fascinated me.” Halsey, nice specificity, thank you.
Azalea did not let the insult go unremarked upon, telling Australia’s Smallzy’s Surgery podcast on Tuesday that Halsey bringing her up in that interview was, “kind of like if we were talking right now and I just randomly started talking about Janet Jackson or something.” But who wouldn’t want to collaborate with Janet?
Then Azalea said this:
“To me, because I’m a famous person and I know a lot of the time people have opinions and they’re not always accurate, I really try very hard not to give my personal opinions about people that I don’t know. I don’t know her. I’ve never met her…. She’s young and I hope she learns maybe to be a bit less judgmental when she’s kind of in the same shoes…. I’m sure she’s getting judged all the time as well by people who don’t really know her. Maybe it’d be good for her to try to be a little more empathetic to other people that are in the same situation… I don’t really think I had anything to do with it.”
Aside from the “I don’t know her” slight, it’s a fairly generous response on Azalea’s part. And while it pains me to inadvertently agree with Azalea, it really wasn’t so long ago that I was Googling “Halsey” to make sure it wasn’t a band.
Back in the day, Charlize Theron punched Teri Hatcher in the face, hard, then bought her some beer to apologize. Theron admitted in a recent interview with W Magazine that while filming a fight scene for the 1996 movie 2 Days in the Valley, Theron didn’t know her own strength and left Hatcher badly bruised.
Theron told W, “I had no concept of a set. I connected right with Teri Hatcher’s face. I felt terrible about it. I had no money and sent her some cheap beer the next day. Sorry, Teri.”
Feel better soon.
Guess what, you fucking loser? You don’t get to touch Jennifer Lawrence’s dog. Not ever. The dog’s name is Pippi and he’s approximately the size of a lava lamp. PIPPI IS NOT TO BE TOUCHED.
- Ansel Elgort will play yung JFK in the forthcoming drama Mayday 109. [Deadline]
- The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo star, Michael Nyqvist, died of lung cancer at 56. [Variety]
- Miranda Kerr handed over $8.1 million in jewels to the U.S. Justice Department to cooperate in a money laundering probe (she’s not named as a defendant in the case). [TMZ]
- Mets pitcher Matt Harvey has moved on from Adriana Lima to former Laguna Beach cast member Lo Bosworth. The two were spotted sipping rosé and hand-holding. [Page Six]
- Chris Christie has declined “Dog” the Bounty Hunter’s request to discuss bail reform with him. Thanks for ruining America, again. [NYDN]