When being interviewed for a new job or a project, do you ever feel like you’re being “scrutinized like you’re a kiddie fiddler who’s running for mayor?” Yeah, well, you and Robert Downey, Jr. both!
Appearing on The Howard Stern Show to promote The Avengers: Age of Ultron, RDJ commented on his recent interview with UK’s Krishnan Guru-Murthy of Channel 4 News, which ended with the actor walking out following questions about his politics and history of drug abuse.
“I just wish I’d left sooner,” he told Stern. “I’m one of those guys who I’m always assuming the social, kind of, decorum is in play. And that we’re promoting a superhero movie, a lot of kids are going to see it, and this has nothing to do with your creepy, dark agenda that I’m feeling all of a sudden, like, ashamed and obligated to accommodate your weirdo shit.”
RDJ then added:
“The assumption is that there’s a button that because you’ve sat down there you’re going to be scrutinized like you’re a kiddie fiddler who’s running for mayor. What I have to do in the future is have to give myself permission to say, ‘That is more than likely a syphilitic parasite, and I need to distance myself from this clown.’ Otherwise, I’m probably going to put hands on somebody, and then there’s a real story.”
Guru-Murthy recently stated, ““We don’t do promotional interviews on Channel 4 News. We agree with PR people that as well as talking about a new movie for a while we want to ask wider ranging questions on relatively serious topics, and we don’t guarantee to run any answers in particular.”
Watch the full interview here.
The tattoo artist allegedly behind Demi Lovato’s recently covered “vagina tattoo” (a tattoo of lips that does, yes, vaguely resemble labia) is hurt and lashing out. “You pissed all over our toilet seat and you made a fool of yourself,” tattooist Ashley McMullen commented on Lovato’s Instagram. “The tattoo you covered it with kinda sucks too. Looks like you might forever be a goon... #turd #claimstobesober #drankallthebeer #peepeetoiletseat”
Hm, all very good points. [THG]
The custody battle between Rosie O’Donnell and her estranged wife Michelle Rounds is getting ugly. Rounds is currently seeking full custody of their 2-year-old daughter and, according to TMZ, claiming in her divorce case that O’Donnell drinks too much wine and smokes and ingests too much weed to be a fit parent.
O’Donnell sources counter that “Michelle is lashing out because she’s pissed over the prenup she signed and is simply a gold digger who’s making threats to get cash.” [TMZ]
- Pamela Anderson is getting a payout of at least $1 million in her divorce from noted scum bucket, Rick Salomon. [Page Six]
- And both Anderson and Salomon have apologized for their “hurtful divorce.” [THG]
- Also getting a big payout: Courtney Stodden has a $1 million offer for her sex tape. [TMZ]
- Nicholas Brendon (Xander from Buffy) has a warrant out for his arrest in Florida. [People]
- Either intentionally or unintentionally, Katy Perry made a political statement during a concert in Taipei. [Billboard]
- Abby Lee Miller is AT WAR with the Dance Moms’ producers. Sorry to get POLITICAL, but it must be weird for her to fight with adults without using children as pawns. [TMZ]
- “I do not believe this celebrity Kim Kardashian culture is what I signed up for,” says Taylor Schilling, re: social media. Note to Schilling: You literally have to sign up for Twitter and Instagram, so you kind of did? [Just Jared]
- Taylor Swift and Calvin Harris had a barbecue and all the cool kids were there. [POPSUGAR]
- The hecklers have won: Ryan Adams sang a Bryan Adams song. [Billboard]
- Hilary Duff had a nice first Tinder date. [US Weekly]
Photos via Getty.
Contact the author at email@example.com.