In her new memoir True Love, Fly Girl and Woman of The Block Jennifer Lopez gives insights into her divorce from Marc Anthony and other romantic relationships, many of which she describes as being psychologically abusive.
"I've never gotten a black eye or busted lip, but I have been in relationships where I felt abused one way or another: mentally, emotionally, verbally, "Lopez writes. "I know what it feels like for your soul to be diminished by the way your loved one is treating you…"
Lopez also writes about the panic attack that led her to realize that her marriage to Marc Anthony (who, based on the book excerpts provided, is not specified as one of the men who emotionally or verbally abused her) was over:
As I sat there getting made up, my heart was beating out of my chest and I felt like I couldn't breathe... I became consumed with anxiety. What was happening to me? I leaped from my chair and said to my dear manager Benny Medina, 'Benny, something is happening! I feel like I'm going crazy..."
It was one of those moments when you're so scared you can't even scream. In a blur of fear and panic, I looked at Benny and my mother and blurted out the words: "I don't think I can be with Marc anymore..."
Anybody looking from the outside in would have thought my life was great. I had a husband and two beautiful children. I was on American Idol and my new single ''On The Floor" had gone to number one all over the world. What people didn't know was that life really wasn't that good. My relationship was falling apart and I was terrified.
Lopez and Anthony finalized their divorce this year, after separating in 2011.
Some assholes at a golf course have been harassing Bruce Jenner over the rumor that the Olympic athlete/father to the Kardashian-Jenner clan is transitioning from male to female. The men, idiotically bothered by sharing a locker room and green with Jenner, have repeatedly heckled "How's your dick?" and threatened to cut off his hair. [TMZ]
In "better" Bruce Jenner news, his romantic entanglement with Kris Jenner's best friend is just a plot cooked up for Keeping Up with the Kardashians. [Radar]
Or maybe not. [ Us Weekly]
Emma Watson is on the cover of Elle UK's first ever "Feminist Issue."
"Feminism is not here to dictate to you. It's not prescriptive, it's not dogmatic. All we are here to do is give you a choice. If you want to run for President, you can. If you don't, that's wonderful, too," she tells the magazine, probably while wearing a "This is what a feminist looks like" sweatshirt.
Watson also described her upbringing, saying, "I'm lucky I was raised to believe that my opinion at the dinner table was valuable. My mum and I spoke as loudly as my brothers."[ Time]
- Sex otter Benedict Cumberbatch also wore a "This is what a feminist looks like" t-shirt and, in explicit detail, explained what it would be like to get freaky with Sherlock. [MTV]
- Even Jaime Lannister is calling himself a feminist now. Maybe Brienne of Tarth finally got to him. [ONTD]
- Iggy Azalea denies lip syncing during her terrible performance on SNL. That'll do, Iggy, that'll do. [Bossip]
- Neil Patrick Harris and David Burtka will appear on American Horror Story: Freak Show. [NY Daily News]
- And Lily Rabe will be returning to the franchise, as well, reprising her Sister Mary Eunice role (!!!) from Asylum. [Inside TV]
- Gia Giudice, daughter of Tre and Joe, has a girl group, so look forward to avoiding that. [E!]
- Katie Holmes does not want to be defined by her marriage to ex husband Tom Cruise. Doesn't say if she minds being defined as Joey Potter. [People]
- Ashton Kutcher explained how he and Mila Kunis decided to name their baby "Wyatt" and it's a great story! Basically, Ashton said, "How about Wyatt?" and Mila said, "Yeah." [Hello]
- Sean Penn's daughter Dylan Penn approves of her dad's girlfriend Charlize Theron because Charlize can "shut my dad up." A gift, indeed. [Us Weekly]
- Are "Robert Pattinson and FKA Twigs' Booze Binges Worrying Friends?" Nah. [Gossip Cop]
Images via Getty/Elle UK.