Benevolent woodland spirit/up-and-coming star Shailene Woodley has shared some of her beauty advice with the world, and it is exactly as one would expect Shailene Woodley Beauty Advice to be (only, possibly, better). Her most indispensable tip: sunbathe your vagina.
Vagina-sunning (lay[bia]ing out? Ok, it needs workshopping but we're onto something here, I think) is one of the many things she recommended during an interview with Into The Gloss:
Another thing I like to do is give my vagina a little vitamin D. [Laughs] I was reading an article written by an herbalist I studied about yeast infections and other genital issues. She said there's nothing better than vitamin D. If you're feeling depleted, go in the sun for an hour and see how much energy you get. Or, if you live in a place that has heavy winters, when the sun finally comes out, spread your legs and get some sunshine. [Laughs]
This is the best beauty advice ever uttered, mostly because it's essentially an excuse to lie around without pants on.
She also discusses the food system in America ("It's disgusting. I thought, 'Well, if this is unhealthy, and that is unhealthy, and if organics are depleting the soil just as much as GMO crops are, what can I do?'"), eating clay ("My friend starting eating it and the next day she called me and said, 'Dude, my shit smells like metal.'") and wearing makeup to press events ("For me, to show up to something like Live with Kelly and Michael with Converse on and no makeup would be disrespectful.").
Shailene Woodley is all kinds of great. [ITG]
Eva Longoria spoke about the illogical supposed "disconnect" between her being chosen as the Maxim Woman of the Year and her being a successful businesswoman: "I think it's really unfair [that] men or people in the world think you can't be both — you can't be a sex symbol and a serious business person...
"Who says I can't do the cover of Maxim and run a production company? Women are complex. Women are beautiful and intellectual and spiritual and social and entrepreneurial. They're everything. And I think I'm a great example of that." Paging Bill O'Reilly. [The Hollywood Gossip]
Keira Knightley spilled red wine all over that Chanel wedding dress she rewears all the time because she is very chill. "Hey, a good night is a good night and when a dress has had its time, maybe it's had its time," says Keira. "I'm pretty sure I can get it out but, if I can't, I'm happy with the memory of a good night and the story of how the dress got destroyed."
I have never heard anyone sound so optimistic about a red wine stain in my entire life. [E!]
- The Rolling Stones have postponed their first tour date following L'Wren Scott's tragic death. [Billboard]
- Erykah Badu, the new face of Givenchy, is in Vogue Italia wearing Air Force 1s designed by Ricardo Tisci. She is so cool, sigh. [Hip Hop Wired]
- Rihanna was spotted wearing Drake's hoodie, signifying that their eternal bonds of love shall never fade. [Bossip]
- Bless: Caleb is coming back to Pretty Little Liars because the spinoff show he was on (IN WHICH HE WAS DATING A GHOST) got mysteriously canceled. [Cosmo]
- BREAKING: David Beckham is the "underwear model of the century." [Just Jared]
- Kate Winslet got a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, lounged around looking very content next to it. [E!]
- Canada's efforts to distance itself from Justin Bieber have finally succeeded: according to researchers at MIT, Avril Lavigne, a singer who popularized the casual punk necktie over two centuries ago, is the most famous Canadian. [ONTD]
- Miley Cyrus reunited with Mitchell Musso, who played her male friend in Hannah Montana. They stuck their tongues out in greeting and jubilation. [ONTD]