In an interview with what probably isn't a firebrand, left-wing publication, The Catholic Herald, Liam Neeson, of the strong, stonecutter-handed thespian Neesons, said that he, the star of Kinsey, has been struggling to cope with the "sexualized nature" of society. It's just getting too damn sexy up in society, you know?
I'd hate to be a kid now, because we're all inundated with so much information about sexuality coming at us from everywhere – the media, the advertising billboards, just everywhere – and it must be so confusing for them...
There's a problem that, if you become over-familiar with something, it moves from the sacred to almost the profane. The act is very, very special, you know. It's full of mystery and wonder, and I'd hate us all to get to the stage where we just treat it lightly, because it deserves more than that … but times have changed since I was young, no doubt about it.
Times certainly have changed, Mr. Neeson. It seems like only yesterday that you were Jean Valjean and Hugh Jackman was just some hairy-torsoed Australian actor with a nice singing voice. [Telegraph]
- Bethenny Frankel will be keeping all the Skinny Girl Margaritas in her divorce from husband Jason Hoppy. [TMZ]
- Josh Brolin got so super-wasted partying with his bros on New Year's that he got arrested in Santa Monica. [TMZ]
- Thomas Gibson, better known as "Greg" from Dharma & Greg and "that guy" on Criminal Minds, received a shiny new DUI when he obstinately tried to drive over a section of downtown Los Angeles asphalt that had been blocked off for a marathon. [TMZ]
- Jenny McCarthy's much-anticipated (don't lie to yourself) late-night talk show will finally premiere on Feb. 8 now that VH1 is all through dicking us around. Get ready for segments such as "Drunk, Dumb or Both" when McCarthy will ask men emerging from a bar stupefying questions like, "What color is a red boat?" or "Who is more culturally relevant? Me or Bronson Pinochot?" [CBS]
- The folks over at Manhattan Criminal Court were getting a little bored and lonely what with the holiday doldrums and all, so Lindsay Lohan decided it'd be nice to swing by on Monday and cheer them all up...and also deal with that nasty business about a fight she got into at a Chelsea nightclub back in November. [NYDN]
- Sarah Michelle Gellar will maaaaaybe be starring in a sitcom developed by 20th Century Fox about all the wacky hijinks (read: kinky, latex gimp suit sex stuff) parents get into when their kids aren't around. [TV Line]
- Don't accuse Mama June of financial imprudence — the TLC matriarch has divided earnings from Here Comes Honey Boo Boo equally among her five girls and stashed it away in a trust that none of them can touch until they're 21 and ready to blow it all on mini bikes, 3D TVs, and Shetland ponies with manes jauntily-braided special for their vacation to the Bahamas. [TMZ]
- Despite a promising career in porn, Nadya Suleman will be going back on welfare thanks to her exorbitant rehab bills. [TMZ]
- In order to pay off the rest of the $1 million he owes a law firm, George Clinton handed over the rights to four of his most funktastic songs. [TMZ]
- Don't stress this Sunday — Interscope hasn't dropped Azealia Banks because of her grossly homophobic slurring. [Twitter]
- Arnold Schwarzenegger drove film critics around in a tank and crushed a car because he's the fucking Terminator and the Terminator does not abide puny, armorless automobiles. [Buzzfeed]
- Gérard Depardieu met Russian president Vladimir Putin for an exchange of belated holiday gifts: Depardieu got a fancy Russian passport and Putin got to grasp Depardieu's giant French meathooks. [Guardian]