Kylie Jenner and Kendall Jenner — the youngest of the Kardashian brood — have penned a dystopian young adult novel. Surprisingly, it is not a work of metafiction, set in a dystopic present in which Kylie and Kendall Jenner are the authors of a dystopian young adult novel.
The book is called Rebels: City of Indra. It's out June 3. It's about "two super-powered girls, Lex and Livia, who embark on a journey together, not realizing their biggest danger might be each other." So, in conclusion, this book is basically Dystopian Frenemies: The Novel. I SERIOUSLY CANNOT WAIT TIL JUNE. [E!]
Katy Perry's new favorite pastime is engagement ring trolling: here she is, for the second time in one week, wearing a giant diamond on her engagement finger (but probably only because she owns so many giant diamonds).
As of now, neither her publicist nor her Twitter has said anything about John Mayer asking her to become the First Lady of Fur Ponchos. [E!]
Jaden Smith — teen thinker and fashion visionary — has reached out to contrite regular guy Shia LaBeouf. "I Waited In Line Today On Beverly Blvd To See @thecampaignbook I Never Got See Him But I Had A Very Important Message To Deliver," Jaden tweeted. "I'm Here If You Need A Fellow Insane Person To Talk To. But I'm Seriously Here Not Like One Of Those I'm Here For You's That Everybody Says."
- Ryan Reynolds is the new face of L'Oréal Paris Men; Blake Lively is already the face of L'Oréal Paris Women. It's so nice when couples can share hobbies (this hobby is being paid to be very attractive). [E!]
- Jason Biggs and his wife have just given birth to a cute lil' baby and named him Sid. [DListed]
- Definitely the best part of being a celebrity is that you get to dress up like a mermaid whenever the mood strikes you, or so it would seem. Here is Vanessa Hudgens doing so. [E!]
- President Obama enjoys several HBO programs, so some enterprising human has compiled a list of the actors whose naked bits he's gazed upon. [MTV]
- Nicholas Hoult's little sister talked to some magazine about Jennifer Lawrence and was all, "She's really nice and down to earth and not your typical Hollywood type!" HUH. YOU DON'T SAY. [ONTD]
- Oprah hopes that the Fifty Shades of Grey movie is "filthier than the book." [Perez Hilton]
- CeeLo Green, his parrot and his tiny little hands have all quit The Voice. [E!]
- Lamar Odom is moving to Spain to play basketball. [Hello]
- Trent Reznor is still mad about the fact that the Grammys were a big waste of time; like, duh, Trent. That's like getting mad because the sun comes up every day. [Billboard]