Last night, a horrible red-carpet "prankster" with a history of such antics leapt over a barrier and hit Brad Pitt during the premiere of Maleficent in Hollywood — which is, obviously, not so much a "prank" and more "assault." He was arrested and taken into custody.
This is the same dude who stuck his head up America Ferrera's dress at Cannes — which, again, is not a "prank"; it's sexual harassment. He's also "hugged Leonardo DiCaprio's crotch" (not a prank) and attempted to kiss Will Smith (NOT A PRANK).
Fortunately, Pitt wasn't hurt. The guy who punched him has remained in police custody overnight, pending $20,000 bail. [Page Six]
Gwyneth Paltrow recently opened about vitriolic Internet commenters in an interview with Re/code:
[T]he Internet also allows us the opportunity to project outward our hatred, our jealousy. It's culturally acceptable to be an anonymous commenter. It's culturally acceptable to say, 'I'm just going to take all of my internal pain and externalize it anonymously...
You come across [online comments] about yourself and about your friends, and it's a very dehumanizing thing. It's almost like how, in war, you go through this bloody, dehumanizing thing, and then something is defined out of it," she said. "My hope is, as we get out of it, we'll reach the next level of conscience.
I am 99.999% sure that Internet trolls will never reach the next level of conscience, but that would be nice! [Re/code]
KIMYE HONEYMOON UPDATE: Kimye went mountain biking in Ireland; they then enjoyed a picnic and proceeded to a pub, where they had pints of Guinness. According to sources close to the pub, they left a 4-figure tip. [Daily Mail]
UPDATE 2: Kimye had a "cinema marathon" and went to two different movie theaters — presumably to see two different movies — in one day. The first movie they saw was X-Men. As for the second, it's unclear, but, "the couple could have chosen between Godzilla, Bad Neighbours, Blended and Maleficent." Are Kimye normal'ing as a vacation tactic? Idk. Confused. [Hello!]
- Here is a pic of baby North West chilling with former Vogue Paris EIC Carine Roitfeld. North West's eyebrow game is still great. [Bossip]
- On an oddly related note (or, like, an Illuminati conspiracy), here are some COMPLETELY BROWLESS photos from Kendall Jenner's recent Vogue Paris spread. I guess my prayers and entreaties to the goddess above to abolish this trend have gone unheard. [HuffPo]
- Aaaaand Kim Kardashian changed her Twitter name to Kim Kardashian West, thus officially sanctifying her marriage. [Hello!]
- Madonna missed jury duty. (Don't worry, she had a doctor's note.) [E!]
- Prince George has beat out several other famous humans so young that they regularly poop their pants in order to be named World's Most Fashionable Baby. [Hello!]
- Miley Cyrus flaunted some slippers on the street, which is something I really hope becomes a thing that people do. [Just Jared]
- Robert Pattinson says acting in Twilight is the hardest job he's ever done, which makes sense, because it chronicles the life and times of a century-old fellow who wants to eat his girlfriend and/or kill her with his penis and/or love her forever. Conflicting motives!!! [Pop Sugar]
Photos via Pacific Coast News, Getty.