In a statement to People magazine, Amanda's lawyer Tamar Arminak said, "For the record, Amanda does not have schizophrenia, nor has she ever been diagnosed with it... She's never had a history of abusing alcohol or hard drugs, and she's proud to say she's been marijuana-free for the past nine months."
The same day, Bynes' mom Lynn told E! News, "Amanda has no mental illness whatsoever. She has never been diagnosed as schizophrenic or bipolar." Lynn adds that Amanda is "very sorry for all the hurtful tweets, statements and actions that occurred while she was under the influence of marijuana."
She's apparently happy and healthy now, which is great: "She's doing extremely well," says Arminak. "Her primary focus is bonding with her family and being a student." [E!]
One time Duane Reade tweeted a paparazzi photo of Katherine Heigl carrying two Duane Reade shopping bags with the caption "Love a quick #DuaneReade run? Even @KatieHeigl can't resist shopping #NYC's favorite drugstore," so now she's suing them for $6 million. Presumably for wanton hashtag abuse (jk, it's for using her likeness without authorization). [E!]
Rihanna was photographed being photographed bottomless (v. meta) for a French magazine. Although the images look essentially identical to her "Pour It Up" video, only blurrier, TMZ is reporting that "BOOM GOES THE INTERNET!!!" K. [TMZ]
- Taylor Swift, the most friend-having pop star in all of celebritydom, hung out with Olympic figure skater Grace Gold; they made cookies. [E!]
- AND THEN she went shopping with Cara Delevingne. [Hello!]
- "More Actors Named Chris Who Should Be in Marvel Movies." I endorse this article because of its inclusion of Chris(topher) Meloni. [E!]
- Beyoncé went on vacation again, continues to look extremely beautiful. [Gossip Cop]
- Kristen Wiig dyed her hair. [People]
- Dylan Penn shocked everyone by posing nude (WITHOUT EYEBROWS!!!!) (but also unclothed, which is way less of a big deal) in a fashion magazine. [People]
- It was Chris Martin's idea to go public with his and Gwyneth Paltrow's divorce, says an insider. [Hello!]
- Miranda Kerr was spotted cozying up to a someone in giant rabbit suit. [Page Six]
- Kim Kardashian is "political poison," says an Obama campaign insider. Idk, man, that's what they said about the Vogue cover and now it's a best-seller. Kim Kardashian for Secretary of State 2k16. [Radar]
- Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart got so much money for spending the entirety of four movies breathing heavily at each other and crying. [TMZ]