Last week's viral video "Worst Twerk Fail EVER - Girl Catches Fire!" was actually a staged bit from Jimmy Kimmel, he admitted last night on Jimmy Kimmel Live: "We didn't send it to any TV station, we didn't tweet it. We just put it on YouTube and let the magic happen."
The girl featured in the clip, "Caitlin Heller," is actual professional stuntwoman Daphne Avalon. It got over 9 million views in six days on just one YouTube account. But don't worry, I'm sure real teen girls are setting themselves on fire in twerking accidents all over the country. [ABC News]
Selma Blair apologizes profusely for having to eat and hopes you can forgive her.
"This is why I can't lose my baby weight, because I ate crepes, I ate French toast, I ate an ice cream cone, I had french fries, and three hamburgers!" she said. "Then I'm going to go and have a full dinner with my son. Then I'll go out again tonight."
Blair says her problem is that she's "really always hungry" and she wishes she could curb her appetite. "It's terrible and I don't like what it does to my body, believe me, because I'm not one of these people that's like, I can eat whatever I want, whenever," Blair explained.
Howard Stern and Robin Quivers shocked Sirius XM listeners yesterday morning when they revealed the truth behind Robin's absence from the studio for the last 15 months — she had been undergoing chemo, radiation and two surgeries (one was 12-hour-long) to battle a nearly-fatal bout of uterine cancer. The tumor had spread to all areas of her pelvis, said Quivers: "They couldn't even figure out how to operate at one point because it was so massive."
Stern: "I'll be honest, I thought she was a goner. I was freaking out. Doing a show without Robin is like cutting off my left arm. Or my right arm. Or maybe both. She was my backbone, you understand. Where I would lose courage, Robin always had the courage. She always is the brave one. Always the brave one with me. I could go to her, and I could always rely on her."
In May, when Quivers told Stern she was going in for bladder surgery, Stern "I'll f—king kill you if you have cancer. I'm not doing the show without you... I'm quitting if you're not doing the show." I love them. I love their fucked-up Frasier dynamic. Haters gonna hate. [Us Weekly, NYDN]
The track list for Miley Cyrus' upcoming album Bangerz is out, and unfortunately it is not a takeoff on the collected works of John Updike (Ratchet, Run; Ratchet Redux; Ratchet At Rest, etc.), but there IS one interesting moment:
SMS (Bangerz) [ feat. Spears]
- Someone has introduced Simon Cowell to crewnecks. Can we find out who it is so we can stand on our desks and recite "O Captain, My Captain" to them? [TMZ]
- Jane Lynch still supports gay marriage even though she's now separated, and this surprises people why. [TMZ]
- Adrien Brody did awkward tall-dude cavorting with belly dancers. [TMZ]
- Charlie Hunnam hasn't read Fifty Shades of Grey. [Life & Style]
- One Direction's Louis Tomlinson got his clock cleaned during a charity soccer game. [NYDN]
- Pop quiz: Vanessa Hudgens wants you to know she is A) Human. B) Dancer. [NYDN]
- The car dealer who inspired that episode of Law & Order: SVU with an uncomfortably-sexual Ann Margret died. [TMZ]
- Ashley Dupre is getting married to an "asphalt heir." [Page Six]
- LeBron James and Savannah Brinson are having a crazy three-day wedding in San Diego. Expect at least 10 area bridesmaids to be affected/annoyed. [Page Six]
- Beware a dude running around posing as James Franco. [Page Six]
- The real James Franco: "I wish I was gay." [Gossip Cop]
- Sandra Bullock's 3-year-old son Louis chills with George Clooney when he wants "man time." [Us Weekly]
- "My friend was like, 'Congrats on timing. Things work out the way they do, maybe it's better just to get it out the way." Scarlett Johansson is as vague as possible about her engagement. [Us Weekly]
- Arnold Schwarzenegger and Wladimir Klitschko (Hayden Panettiere's boyfriend) have been sending each other topless selfies. [TMZ]
- Mario Lopez has a new baby son, Dominic. [People]
- Justin Bieber's pubestache. Gahhhhh, someone spray Raid on it. [Us Weekly]
- Angelina Jolie got a new arm tattoo that says something in Arabic. Possibly "Give me a sister, I can't resist her, red beans and rice didn't miss her." [Us Weekly]