In an interview with The Guardian, improbably prolific writer/director Woody Allen talked “exclusively about sex, antisemitism, the impact of that abuse allegation – and his dream of racing Usain Bolt.” Sounds fun, doesn’t it? I love a subhead that refers to an accusation of child abuse as “that abuse allegation” right before landing with a laugh about Usain Bolt!
“I have no interest in all of that. I find that all tabloid stupidity. That situation had been thoroughly, thoroughly investigated up and down the line by New York social services in a 14-month investigation. It had been investigated by Yale and conclusions were clear and I have no interest in that whole situation. I get harassed all the time on it. But it doesn’t affect me and I just have no interest in it.”
He gets harassed all the time on it, and yet he keeps getting his movies into theaters! And prestigious film festivals! And magazines give him long, softball profiles! Poor thing.
On a brighter note—we could definitely use one—Taylor Swift did another Very Nice Thing this week. Just days after donating $1 million to flood victims in Louisiana, the singer has donated $50,000 “to the Greater Baton Rouge Food Bank.”
I’m reminded of a sentiment shared by my coworker Kara Brown every time a Very Rich Celebrity offers their thoughts and prayers after a crisis. “Write a check,” she tells them. And Taylor did! That’s nice.
Check out this exclusive Us Weekly content!!!!!!
- Jon Gosselin is “very upset” about what his daughters said earlier this week. [ET]
- More like “Who the Hell Cares For the Summer,” am I right, folks?! [TMZ]
- I’m very bored by this and am wondering if the fact that it’s Indian food is supposed to symbolize something that I’m missing. [Page Six]
- Kylie’s boobs will “deflate soon,” according to Kylie. [Us Weekly]
- Someone give Zac Efron a hug for me. [People]
- John Krasinski fuck good now. [Page Six]
- I see you, Kendall. [Celebitchy]