In an interview at Cannes, Kanye West offered some opinions on the design and layout of Instagram: basically, it's okay, people like it and everything, but Kanye could do better.
During the Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity this week, West recalled asking CEO Kevin Systrom, "Why don't you let us redo Instagram? Now, you know, Instagram is nice. It's nice looking — I'm not knocking it. But in general, everyone spends all of their time looking at their screens or their phones," he said, according to The Gaurdian. "And just as a simple task, we could clean that up."
He also said that people are dicks to him and Kim because "they don't understand us."
Kanye, 37, continued: "You have to be able to take the lashes when people don't understand.
"Two years of people not understanding an interracial relationship, two years of people not understanding the idea of the art world meets the pop world, you have to take the lash and be able to swim in the backlash."
...Speaking at Cannes, he said: "It's like we are the creative with teeth, we have the gut feeling that we know that the idea is more important than our personal well-being.
"So a lot of times I will say things that are not for my personal well-being which I think for people to create for their personal well-being is a selfish thing to do and you're creating to make your life better rather than everyone else's life better.
"I get bashed so much but create so much, just know that if you want to be a boxer you're going to get your face beaten constantly but then you may end up being a Mayweather or an Ali at the end of the day."
- Kelly Rowland did pregnant yoga. [People]
- Lupita Nyong'o says her only goal at the Oscars was to not fall down: "It's not cute if you follow Jennifer Lawrence—it's not cute if you're the second one!" [Yahoo]
- Ariana Grande's older brother,
Ariana Muy GrandeFrankie, has been cast on season 16 of Big Brother. [MTV]
- Chris Martin's all hulked out like a beef-monster. [DailyMail]
- They're making a Zorro-meets-Django comic book? Really? Are you sure? [CBR]
- George Clooney's aunt Starla thinks he's going to choose Brad Pitt to be his best man. [Radar]
- More like Kate Blah-blah-blah-sselin. [Extra]
- Jessica Szhor and her boyfriend touched each other in public. [E!]
- Here's Taylor Swift leaving the gym. Question. Do celebrities get their own special private dressing rooms or something? Or do they have to dry off their butts right next to normals? [Us]
Image via Getty.