As you know by now, dapper incarnate George Clooney married his fiancée, human rights attorney Amal Alamuddin yesterday in Venice. Italy, not California. Here's what we know:
On Friday, after their rehearsal dinner, the party split into guys and gals groups and did their own thing. Clooney and the men went to a restaurant, Da Ivo, enjoyed a bottle of Sassicaia wine and a bottle of tequila, and dined on "stuffed zucchini flowers, figs and ham, razor clams, fresh Tagliolini pasta with thinly sliced truffles and rice with button mushrooms." It looks like Alamuddin and the ladies hung out at Aman Canal Grande Hotel, the wedding venue, where Alamuddin spent the night.
There were about 90 guests, some of whom were super famous. They included: Bono (from iTunes presents U2) and his wife Ali Hewson, Cindy Crawford and her husband/Clooney's rumored best man Rande Gerber, Matt Damon and his wife Luciana, John Krasinski and Emily Blunt, Bill Murray, Anna Wintour (who apparently came straight from Paris Fashion Week because she definitely attended the Friday wedding festivities in the same outfit she wore to the Dior show, HA), Richard Kind, Ellen Barkin, Thom Matthews, and others. Also Clooney's parents were there as were Alamuddin's.
The ceremony, conducted by ex-Mayor of Rome Walter Veltroni, took place at the 450-year-old waterside Aman Canal Grande Hotel—which the guests traveled to in "a flotilla of" vintage water taxis. Clooney wore Armani, Alamuddin most likely wore a custom Alexander McQueen gown designed by Sarah Burton. Also, apparently Clooney banned mobile phones from the wedding.
A source says that following the ceremony, guests were "met with champagne and canapes including polenta with wild mushrooms and prosciutto ham with figs." But I bet they all drunkenly ordered pizza afterwards. I say this because here, you can see some guests exiting the wedding venue and being assisted onto those water taxis. They look like they partied hard, aka Matt Damon looks wasted. Aww weddings!
The celebrations continued today as the newlyweds hosted a brunch for their family and friends at Hotel Cipriani in Venice. GASP, THERE YOU GO. THAT'S WHAT WE KNOW.
Kim Kardashian West and Kanye West have officially been deemed "Fashion Flu" by some "insiders" at Paris Fashion Week. You see, they're drawing attention to themselves by um, being everywhere. Also by bringing their baby to that Balenciaga show.
"People are so mad about Kimye being here," sniffed a fashion insider, adding that Paris regulars are "fatigued with the whole family." (Kim's sister Kendall Jenner walked in Balmain's Paris show, and momager Kris is also in town.)
A source explained the frustration: "They hold up shows and they draw paparazzi wherever they go. They're seen here as the ultimate try-hards. It was funny when they were a novelty."
"You guys, this isn't funny anymore!" insisted the oppressed fashion insider, wearing some Adidas sandals and a live Afghan Hound in assless chaps. [ NY Post]
- Last night, friends and family of Robin Williams held a memorial service at the Curran Theatre in San Francisco. His children Zelda, Cody, and Zak gave speeches, as did his wife Susan Schneider, Billy Crystal, Whoopi Goldberg and others. And a whole slew of celebrities like Ben Stiller, Bette Midler, Jeff Bridges, Rhea Perlman, Sarah Michelle Gellar, and others attended. [Just Jared]
- Jennifer Lopez posted a selfie with Leah Remini to Instagram after being rear-ended by a drunk driver :/ [Daily Mail]
- Robert Downey Jr. posted to Facebook a touching tribute to his mother who passed away on Monday. [People]
- Vanessa Williams is engaged to Jim Skrip, this dude she met while traveling in Egypt! [Perez Hilton]
- Corey Feldman singing Aerosmith's "Dream On" made my computer cry, but maybe your computer (or mobile device) might like it better. [TMZ]
- Britney Spears will be sending Kate Middleton a treatise of sorts: every item in her lingerie collection Intimate Britney Spears. [ONTD]
- James Franco opted to leave his heels out of his pair of Toms. Chill. [Just Jared]
- CODE RED: KELIS DOES NOT ACTUALLY LIKE MILKSHAKES. [ONTD]