DJ Khaled unleashed this immensely awkward but touchingly, impossibly genuine marriage proposal on Nicki Minaj via live MTV UK broadcast, in front of what appears to be Prince's naked Sealy mattress.
"There's no use telling you face to face, 'cause you're busy," he says over jangly '90s R&B-intro-sounding piano. "I gonna be honest with you. I wanna marry you. I'm here today, at MTV. Nicki Minaj, will you marry me."
This is Nicki Minaj reaction to DJ Khaled's proposal pic.twitter.com/MBFxEkDDxV— MEECH ✌ (@MeechOnMars) July 26, 2013
Dora Charles, a cook who ran Paula Deen's kitchens for 22 years and helped open Georgia's Lady and Sons, claims in The New York Times that her "soul sister" Deen treated her in an unfair and bigoted way. I know — I was shocked too!
Among the allegations, Charles says Deen tried to make her ring a dinner bell for restaurant customers ... something Charles felt was racially charged.
"That's a symbol to me of what we used to do back in the day," Charles said.
Charles also claims Deen tried to make another black female employee, Ineata Jones, dress up in an "old style Aunt Jemima outfit" while flipping hoecakes at a dining station.
Deen's camp retorts: "Dora's complaint is not about race but about money. It is about an employee that despite over 20 years of generosity feels that she still deserves yet even more financial support from Paula Deen." [TMZ]
Kristen Wiig and non-Julian Casablancas Stroke Fabrizio Moretti have split up after a year and a half of dating. The breakup was amicable, but Wiig is quite good at keeping her personal life private, so maybe there was actually throwing of things, screaming at the sky and ancient Gypsy curses? Wiig joins the Moretti Ex-Girlfriend Club, whose other members include Kirsten Dunst, Drew Barrymore, Angela Lansbury and a Mr. Potato Head without any features on it. [People]
Uncle-Prince Harry has voiced his continued dedication to school Baby Prince George in the art of hedonism. “To be sure he has a good upbringing, keep him out of harm’s way – and make sure he has fun. I only hope my brother knows how expensive my babysitting charges are." So like, how old is old enough for skin mags? Like, three months? Six months? [ABC News]
Kate Middleton is currently bonding with the baby in a mushroom-shaped cottage in the enchanted forest of Bucklebury. [Us Weekly]
- Top Model/felon Renee Alway shaved her head before her court appearance. [TMZ]
- Sorry everybody: Los Pollos Hermanos Flava Flav's fried chicken joint is no more. [TMZ]
- Someone stole Maddox Jolie-Pitt's iPad! It was me. Those streaming episodes of Frasier aren't gonna watch themselves. [TMZ]
- Huge Ackman semi-joked about wearing the Wolverine costume in the sack. [Page Six]
- "The truth behind Scarlett Johansson's new gold ring" is that it has nothing to do with being married or engaged. [People]
- Okay. Everybody who's ever been on the Disney Channel? Please stop beatboxing. Please. [Gossip Cop]
- Oh lord, Tatum O'Neal is starting to Animorph into Renee Zellweger. [Radar Online]
- The randos whose driveway Amanda Bynes attempted to torch hope her condition improves. [Radar Online]
- McDreamy is into car racing. [NYDN]
- It turns out Heidi Klum's mom is the one who was taking those pictures of her ass. So that's normal. [NYDN]
- Chris Rock had a lackey pick him up a new pair of Tiffany earrings as soon as the store opened. [Page Six]
- W.A.L.E., turn your phone off. [Page Six]
- Owen Wilson was at MoMa's Rain Room with his mom, (hopefully) wasting a perfectly good makeout opportunity. [Page Six]
- Lady Gaga will perform a new single from ARTPOP during the VMAs. [People]
- The first picture of little Winnie Rose Fallon is on Twitter. [Us Weekly]
- Jessica Simpson first appears after giving birth, looking to have encountered a stun gun. [Us Weekly]
- OG DILF Brian Cranston got a teeny little Breaking Bad tattoo. [NYDN]
- Ew, here's Justin Bieber spitting on some fans. I'm genuinely starting to despise him the way you despise a person you actually know. [Ocean Up]
- "I hope all paparazzi go sit on an ant hill with an open butthole." Lord Byron or Ireland Baldwin, go. [Gossip Cop]