Anna Wintour wants Lena Dunham for the cover of Vogue, according to a "well-placed magazine source" (a business crop top? An oversized pink coat for the autumn season?).
"Anna is trying to seduce Lena into bringing her next-generation audience into the Vogue brand," says the insider. That makes sense? "If you enjoyed watching Lena Dunham cry about being unemployed, pantsless, in the bathtub on the hit television series GIRLS, you will love reading about $10,000 sweatshirts."
Of course the article mentions that Dunham is "considered to be overweight" and brings up Adele. It's great that we could be seeing more body diversity on the cover of Vogue, but 1) Lena's body is an average woman body, and 2) there's no point in squawking with alarm every time someone who doesn't fit the industry standard is accepted into the fashion world. [NY Daily News]
Britney Spears will be lip-syncing her way through her Las Vegas residency, according to a leaked document that instructs Planet Hollywood staffers to lie about said lip-syncing. “Yes! She will be singing live!” “Certainly she will be singing live!” “Yes, all vocals will be live!” “No lip syncing will happen at the show,” are some very suspicious-sounding potential replies proffered up by the document. Nothing has ever sounded more like a lie than "Certainly she will be singing live!" Certainly!!!
In a "special notes" section of the document, though, it says: "All vocals will be prerecorded. [The live band] will be prerecorded also." Wah wah. [NY Daily News]
Miley Cyrus may have been dating Theo Wenner, who works as a photographer for Rolling Stone because his dad owns Rolling Stone, since the summer. The source claims that the two have been romantically involved since Wenner shot Cyrus nude for the cover of the magazine (i.e., before Cyrus publicly split with her fiancee Liam Hemsworth). I am sorry if this revelation has ruined your firm belief in the enduring power of love. I know a lot of you derive your strength from believing that what Miley and Liam had was real. [HuffPo]
A second source says Miley and Theo are "new friends" and "not dating." Ugh, all this speculation about strangers is so confusing sometimes! [NY Daily News]
- Kanye West brought a Jesus impersonator on tour with him because of course he did. The Jesus impersonator stands on a mountaintop during his show, as Jesus impersonators will. [Billboard]
- Lady Gaga is the latest pop culture figure to tweet a picture of her butt. Soon all communication will be replaced by butt photos. [Billboard]
- Rihanna posted a lot of Instagram photos of herself wearing a hijab whilst posing seductively in front of a mosque in Abu Dhabi. RiRi, noooooo. [Bossip]
- Cassie and P Diddy had an argument that was waged entirely through photographs of generic text posted upon Instagram. [Bossip]
- Neil Patrick Harris' family dressed up as Alice in Wonderland characters for Halloween and it's sssooooooo cute. [E!]
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian continue to showcase their love and devotion by wearing t-shirts printed with images of each other (Kanye's Kim shirt also has his name on it, because Kanye loves himself the most). [E!]
- Kendall Jenner has confirmed that baby North West has a left hand. [E!]
- Time for gossip websites to shame Ashton Kutcher for buying chewing tobacco!!! [E!]
- Noel Gallagher says "Fuck 'em" of One Direction, echoing the refrain of millions of teens across the world. [Gossip Cop]
- Selena Gomez gave a speech during her latest concert; she lectured on the point that "being classy is sexy." Why couldn't you just put it in an open letter like everyone else, Selena? [ONTD]
- Shia LeBeouf tweeted a photo of his upper-pelvic area, having missed the "age of the butt pic" memo I guess. [E!]
- Tyra Banks says she was "interested in adoption before it was cool" lol lol pls stop Tyra. [ONTD]
- Robert Pattinson is partying and womanizing TOO MUCH, says Robert Pattinson's team, apparently not satisfied that the young man has already amassed a small fortune from breathing at Kristen Stewart on camera. [Radar]