Embattled former teen Justin Bieber, notorious throughout the world for wreaking havoc, being a little shit and wearing terrible pants, recently shared a photo of himself FaceTiming Malala Yousafzai, an activist who is universally renowned for her courage, strength and kindness. A truly unlikely combination.
Bieber captioned the photo, "Just got to FaceTime with Malala Yousafzai. She has such an incredible story. I can't wait to meet her in person and talk about how I can support her and the @malalafund. #love" It's very nice to see the Biebs using his influence for good, and the Malala Fund is an amazing cause, but this is still VERY WEIRD to behold.
As the NY Daily News puts it:
Just last week Bieber was embroiled in an alleged scuffle with actor Orlando Bloom, over charges that he'd been romantic with Bloom's ex-wife, model Miranda Kerr. The "All That Matters" singer delivered Bloom a low blow when he posted photos of Kerr, 31, to his Instagram - and posted a photo of Bloom apparently crying. Both have since been taken down.
Yousafzai, on the other hand, has been busy promoting her cause - sending girls to school all over the world through the Malala Fund - most recently in light of the kidnapped Nigerian school girls and Africa Summit.
A tale of two cities. [NY Daily News]
Oh, my god, this is the best celebrity beef of all time: Charlize Theron reportedly wants Tia Mowry banned from SoulCycle. If you recall, Tia Mowry told inTouch that Charlize Theron was once rude to her while they were both trapped in the stationary bike pit, and now Charlize is PISSED about it. I am going to print this tale out and read it to my grandchildren one day. [ONTD]
Beyoncé Instagrammed some photos of herself at Gwyneth Paltrow's house, which means that she was either getting tips on how to drink lots of water whilst operating a pizza oven OR tips on how to consciously uncouple (or, like, maybe they were just hanging out). THE PLOT THIIIIICCCCKKKEEEENNNS. [Cosmo]
- Katy Perry wore a pepperoni pizza-themed onesie. [ONTD]
- Drake did not mean to imply that Rihanna is the devil by projecting an image of her between the first and second sixes of 666 the other day. "It's all love," says Drake, which is DEFINITELY an Illuminati codeword for something we mortals can't even imagine. [ONTD]
- Zayn shaved :') [ONTD]
- Here is a photo of Scott Disick and French Montana wearing very expensive watches while feasting on lobster in matching bibs; in hell, the devil has pinned this to his gluttony inspiration board. [E!]
- Blake Lively responded to Martha Stewart's comments: "As she said, I'm an actress... I have two passions. And I think ultimately, I will always be doing both, but one is going to be paying the bills better than the other." WHICH ONE??? THE ARTISANAL OVERALLS ONLINE DEPOT? [E!]
- Miranda Kerr is just living her life, lookin' like a sea nymph, not constantly hunched under the spiritual weight of her ex-husband nearly punching a gremlin in Ibiza. [E!]
- Kate Bosworth is on another magazine cover. [Just Jared]
- Naomi Watts says that living in LA made her consider getting plastic surgery because "there is a self-consciousness that just pervades" the city. [Page Six]
- George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin are licensed 2 marry. [People]