Gaston of the 21st Century Robin Thicke has really stepped into it, Twitter-wise.
Despite the fact that pretty much everyone has been sick of Thicke's shit for a very long time now, someone, somewhere has decided that this is an opportune moment to do a Twitter Q&A with Robin Thicke and other humans. So far, it hasn't gone very well.
Yesterday, Vh1 tweeted, "Have a burning question for @robinthicke? Submit your ?s for tomorrow's Twitter Q+A using #AskThicke!" Well, as it turns out, Twitter does have several burning questions for Robin Thicke: questions about his rapey lyrics, about his insanely objectifying "Blurred Lines" music video, about his misguided and creepy campaign to "win" Paula Patton back, about why he chose to wear a Beetlejuice outfit to the VMAs...
Here are some highlights:
#AskThicke It might seem like some of the questions on this hashtag are cruel and abusive but Robin, I know you want it
— Kitty (@KittyKnits) July 1, 2014
#AskThicke Did you really write a rape anthem as a love song for your wife and are you still wondering why she left you?
— Maria (@MariaJPrice) July 1, 2014
— Pulin Modi (@IAmTomorrow) June 30, 2014
— Jamie DMJ (@JamieDMJ) July 1, 2014
What form of sexual or emotional abuse will you be normalising in your next jaunty hit? #AskThicke
— Scriblit (@Scriblit) June 30, 2014
How many naked women did it take before you stopped seeing them as people & instead saw them as YouTube hits? #AskThicke
— Miss L (@ProResting) June 30, 2014
— Luke James (@lukejamesbgn) June 30, 2014
— Gareth Keenan (@_GarethKeenan) June 30, 2014
Ooooops!!!! [The Guardian]
The bench upon which Shailene Woodley and Ansel Elgort made out in The Fault in Our Stars has gone missing from Amsterdam. It was replaced by a large flower pot, so its absence escaped notice for a few weeks. Moral of the story: never underestimate the power of riled-up teens. [HuffPo]
Despite being canceled by NBC, Community has been picked up by Yahoo's video streaming site for a sixth season. You may halt your lamentations now. [WSJ]
- Beyoncé has ousted Oprah from the #1 spot in the Forbes Celebrity 100. There is unease and foreboding in the air this morn. [DListed]
- Jessica Biel and Justin Timberlake went golfing. It looks like it was really boring. [E!]
- Selena Gomez posted an Instagram with a cryptic caption about class. ("Let the ruling classes tremble at a communist revolution. The proletarians have nothing to lose but their chains." - Selena Gomez) Ha ha, just kidding, that's not what it said. [E!]
- In other photo sharing news, Miley Cyrus posted 42 Instagrams in 24 hours. In one, she is taking a bath with her dog. [E!]
- Jaden Smith stepped out with the elusive and wise Mateo (you know the one). [Just Jared]
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie went on a "low-key date," in which they shuffled through some potted plants to a restaurant while people took several photos of them just trying to mind their damn business. [Pop Sugar]
- Luis Suarez is really sorry about biting that guy during the World Cup. [TMZ]
- Here is a preview of the Jem and the Holograms hair and makeup; it looks v. nice! [E!]
- Being a celebratory infant — who wore it better: Prince William or Prince George? [Hello]
- Leslie Mann and Judd Apatow took a selfie of themselves both squeezed into a t-shirt. That t-shirt was covered in drawings of Lena Dunham in various stages of undress. [ONTD]