Elyjah Marrow, Ice-T's 19-year-old grandson, was allegedly playing with a loaded gun in his apartment when it went off and struck his roommate. Daryus Johnson, also 19, was declared dead at a hospital later that day.
Elyjah Marrow, 19, was allegedly playing around with a handgun at his Georgia apartment when he accidentally shot Daryus Johnson, also 19, causing fatal wounds. Marrow was charged with involuntary manslaughter on June 24 after police reportedly found Johnson unconscious at the Bentley Manor Apartments. Johnson was transported to WellStar Kennestone Hospital where he was pronounced dead.
Marrow is currently still in custody at the Cobbs County Sheriff's station as the investigation continues.
Along with involuntary manslaughter the 19-year-old was hit with three more felony charges, including theft of receiving stolen property, possession of marijuana and possession of a firearm, and also faces a misdeameanor charge for reckless conduct.
What a horrible, preventable tragedy. Condolences to everyone everywhere. [E!]
The late Casey Kasem has still not been buried, as the feud between his wife and children grows more and more hostile.
Mrs Kasem accused his daughter Kerri of calling his funeral home to ask how quickly a death certificate could be issued so his sizeable policy could be cashed out.
However, Kerri has hit back, saying that Jean hasn't had Casey body flown out to L.A. for burial yet because she is trying to deflect attention from an imminent investigation into elderly abuse.
Kerri Kasem also told The View that she could not remember why the feud had started.
She said: 'If I knew I would tell you. I would try and make amends. I would say, ''I'm sorry Jean. What happened? ... Why do you hate us so much?'''
Mr Kasem died on June 15 - Father's Day - aged 82 from Parkinson's disease, dementia and sepsis.
Kerri Kasem claimed Jean took him out of his rest home and moved him around the U.S. at the end of his life to keep him away from family.
During the trip he developed a bedsore which contributed to his death, his children have claimed.
Jean is now arguing that the whole saga is a ploy by his children to get their hands on his money.
According to TMZ, Jean said: 'Their impatience for Casey to die was obvious... and now their impatience to collect on the life insurance is even more telling.'
Ugh, Jean Kasem, for fuck's sake.
During temporary conservator Kerri Kasem's visit to see her father on June 1 in Washington state, Jean Kasem threw meat at her as he was preparing for a trip to the hospital.
'In the name of King David, I threw a piece of raw meat into the street in exchange for my husband to the wild rabid dogs,' she told NBC News.
There aren't enough gifs in the world for that blockquote. [DailyMail]
- Courteney Cox has a new engagement ring! [Us]
- Sharon Osbourne thinks that Jenny McCarthy and Sherri Shepherd being kicked off the view is "really sad." [Extra]
- CHRISSY TEIGEN'S NIPPLES HAVE BEEN STOLEN. [E!]
- Michelle Rodriguez jumped off a boat in Italy. [JustJared]
- OoooOOoOOooOoooOoOoooOoooo!!! Ben Affleck said Jennifer Garner can't be friends with Mark Ruffalo anymore because he's 2 SEXY. (I hope that's not true, because it's actually really controlly and creepy, and the Affleck-Garners are like my fave H-wood family these days.) [DailyMail]
- "Miranda Lambert on Dogs, Guilty Pleasures, and More." [Extra]
- I don't know who this person is but she went somewhere. [DailyMail]
- Holy SHIT, look at Heidi Klum's pool. [People]
- Apparently Rob Lowe almost died in a flood in France? Nobody tells me anything. [ContactMusic]
- RIP, Bobby Womack.
Images via Cobb County Sheriff, E!, and Getty.