You read these. You read these real good.
Our two most read stories of the year—one a lengthy interview by Jia Tolentino, the other a quick blog by Joanna Rothkopf—are uplifting in a backwards sort of way.
Still relevant, apparently.
A complicated case, carefully outlined by Madeleine Davies.
That day in people not understanding the consequences of their actions.
A case that became a lightening rod for activists.
After the release of Beyoncé’s Lemonade, Kara Brown took us the long history that came before it.
Ellie Shechet got to the bottom of how you can be so rich and look so bad.
- 10 of the Spookiest Scary Stories You’ll Ever Read
- Stephen Colbert Hijacks the RNC Stage, Delivers Anti-Trump Burn
- Melania Trump Wore a $1,100 Gucci ‘Pussy Bow’ Shirt to the Debate
- The 10 Grossest Sex Acts as Described By Urban Dictionary
- An Olympic Diving Team Has Broken Up Over an Alleged Fuck Fest
- Michael Jackson Stockpiled Gruesome Pornography, Photos Of Animal Torture
- Tilda Swinton Sent Us Her Email Exchange with Margaret Cho About Doctor Strange, Diversity, and Whitewashing
- Here’s What Happens When You Try and Track Down a Ted Cruz College Rumor
- Anything a Police Department Posts to Facebook Is Propaganda
- Fifty Shades of Dick: The Best Crotch Shots in Mainstream Film
- Nixon Policy Advisor Admits He Invented War On Drugs to Suppress ‘Anti-War Left and Black People’
- Model Responds to Unwelcome Dick Pics By Contacting Senders’ Girlfriends
- Here’s a Mugshot From the Night of Brock Turner’s Actual Arrest
- Ann Coulter Bombed So Hard on The Comedy Central Roast of Rob Lowe
- The Fuller House Explanation For The Olsen Twins’ Absence Was Perfectly Mean
- What Should We Say About David Bowie and Lori Maddox?
- Roastmaster Jeff Ross: The Roast Was Edited To Make Ann Coulter Look as Best We Could
- A Toast to All the Brave Kids Who Broke Up with Their Toxic Moms
- Trump Surrogate Cites Japanese Internment Camps As ‘Precedent’ for Proposed Muslim Registry
- Lena Dunham and Amy Schumer Team Up For an Embarrassing Chat Between Friends
- These Gals Stopped a Rape Last Night
- The 10 Best Stories About the First Time You Had Sex
- Clinton Tells Young Black Voter Asking About Diversity, ‘Why Don’t You Go Run For Something, Then’
- Kanye West Is in Pretty Bad Shape
- Ex-Stanford Swimmer Gets 6 Month Sentence for Rape Despite Victim Requesting ‘Proper Punishment’
- Our Favorite Prince Moments, Beginning With the Time He Kicked Kim Kardashian Offstage
- Redditor Wants to Know If We Think Her Fiance Is Doing Incest
- What Type of Nipple Are You?
- Why You’re So Horny During Your Period
- 10 Reasons Why Ryan Lochte Is America’s Sexiest Douchebag
- Stop Everything, the Trailer For Christopher Guest’s New Mockumentary Mascots Is Here
- Here Are Pictures of Donald Trump With the Playboy Model He Says He Didn’t Cheat on Melania With
- Sad! These People Already Regret Voting for Trump
- My Cat Is Dead, What a Relief
- I Was an Extra In Kanye West’s Fashion Show and It Was Crazier Than It Looked
- Condoleezza Rice’s Response To Donald Trump Calling Her a ‘Bitch’ Is Just About Perfect
- Brock Turner’s Childhood Friend Blames His Rape Conviction on Political Correctness
- A Woman Lived in the Plaza Hotel for Thirty Five Years for $500 a Month
- This Famous Comedian Is Engaged to Actress Jessica Lowndes, and I Promise You’ll Care
- Stanford Rapist Brock Turner Has Been Banned from USA Swimming For Life