- The mystery man Gisele Bündchen was seen canoodling with at a Paris Vogue party is believed to be a New York art dealer — and ex-boyfriend of Bündchen's fellow Brazilian model Ana Beatriz Barros — named Helly Nahmad. Ahem. [Racked]
Bill Cunningham, the venerable street photographer, is an unlikely fashion institution, and the premiere of Bill Cunningham New York, at the Museum of Modern Art, brought out a ton of happy heavy hitters.
R.Patt and K-Stew insulated themselves from the ravening opening-night hordes with a scenester posse at NYC's Landmark's Sunshine Cinema: It would seem Agyness Deyn, Natalie Portman and the entire cast of Gossip Girl are all Twi-Hards. Down to the costumes!
Now that's what we call a gala: American Ballet Theatre's 2009 Fall varietal at New York's Lincoln Center; gorgeous gowns; Iman; Natalie Portman; Mila Kunis; Emmy Rossum...and, wait, is that Adam Duritz?
Is it just me, or did a lot of the A-listers at the 69th Annual American Ballet Theatre Spring Gala, at the Metropolitan Opera House, look kind of...odd? (And yup, that's a Gerard Jones shout-out.)
- Eva Mendes, along with male model Jamie Dornan, are confirmed as the fall faces of Calvin Klein Jeans and Calvin Klein Underwear. Steven Klein shot the campaigns. [WWD]
- Before we tackle today's inevitable layoffs, liquidations and bankruptcies, look at David Beckham. Look at semi-naked David Beckham. In his very important new Emporio Armani ad. Why, good morning to you, Dave. [People]
- Remember when Ellen came out and everyone was like, "yeah, we know, but thanks"? Her confirmation that she's the new Cover Girl is kinda like that. [People]
- Our unreasonable dislike of fame whore/hockey player/Vogue intern/fashionisto Sean Avery grows apace. He is now involved with a Bravo reality show. [NY Mag]
- Amy Poehler is leaving Saturday Night Live! She'll step away after the November election to give birth to her first child, and she won't be coming back. "It's gonna be really hard — Boyz II Men hard — to say goodbye to yesterday," she says. "But like any good drug, you need to know when to put it down." Amy will…
Last night in New York, French Vogue editor-in-chief Carine Roitfeld was honored alongside Julian Schnabel and Bobby Shriver by amFAR for "their vital and distinctive contributions to the global struggle against AIDS." It being the eve of New York Fashion Week, we totally expected the attendees at the gala to make an…