- "Sources" are saying that Kimora Lee Simmons didn't leave Baby Phat, the fashion line she founded — she was fired. Allegedly, she was kicked out for being too spendthrift. For example: "It costs thousands of dollars to airbrush her."
- The inquest into Alexander McQueen's death has revealed that before he hanged himself, the designer took a lethal quantity of cocaine, as well as tranquilizers and sleeping pills. He also slit his wrists. He left a note, which read:
- "She's not involved in this collection," said Ungaro owner Asim Abdullah just before his show commenced this afternoon, Paris time. He was referring, of course, to "artistic adviser" Lindsay Lohan, whose future at Ungaro had long been in doubt. [WWD]
- Sketches of Lindsay Lohan's full clothing line were released today, along with the expected wholesale and retail prices of the items. Holy 75-85% markup, Lilo! The Ungaro-dabbling starlet Tweeted her excitement. And yes, kneepad leggings are included. [WWD]
- And now, the cold, hard, retail reality sets in: Neiman Marcus and Net-A-Porter are dropping Ungaro for Spring. Barneys and Saks also aren't ordering. Lindsay Lohan and Mounir Moufarrige, what have you wrought! [Style.com]
- Lindsay Lohan, finally addressing her disastrously received first Ungaro collection, says, "I am learning." But she will be back in Paris for the next show! "It's already in January. I thought it was in March." January? January means couture.
- Ungaro's CEO says Lindsay Lohan was appointed creative director because, "Celebrities today attract lots of attention and having a moving, dancing, swinging, living doll is, we hope, going to bring down the age group at Ungaro while keeping the DNA."