Hey there, "fashion-conscious females"! Spring is coming, and wouldn't you like to update your closet with some new looks for the new season? Well, check out these looks via British Pathé, which are so sharp, "They might even encourage the flower children to wear shows."
In keeping with the trend of fashion and beauty lines revitalizing the careers of former supermodels (and in some cases just plain starting the fashion careers of women of a certain age), L'Oréal Professionnel in the UK has named former '60s star Twiggy, now 65, the ambassador for their product Majirel High Lift,…
Writing this makes me feel like it's one of the Groundhog Day scenes where Bill Murray wakes up, yet again, to the clock radio playing "I Got You Babe," but Lindsay Lohan got arrested early this morning for smacking a dude with her car on the way into the parking lot of a club in New York's Meatpacking District.…
Atten-hut! The Fall/Winter 2010 Burberry Prorsum show today in London was armed and dangerous. On the runway: Military looks sharp enough to slice mess hall meatloaf. In the crowd? Lots of names, sweetie. Names.
- Madonna goes all Italian neorealist for spring's Dolce & Gabbana campaign. You'd almost swear these images were by Vittorio de Sica, not Steven Klein. The advertising shots ran as editorial content "previewed" in Italian Vanity Fair. [Swide]
When you've got Kate, Jerry, Pixie, Twiggy and a hundred others, you know this is one red-carpet worth the gawking. And last night at the Royal Courts of Justice, they were!
- Oy. Vey. When Mark Fast chose to use three plus-size models in his Friday show, one staffer allegedly quit in protest and the stylist was so abusive to the models that she was fired; a Telegraph stylist stepped in. [Fashionista]
- Leighton Meester made the September cover of Harper's Bazaar, and inside the magazine printed digitally-altered photos of the actress, intended to show how she will age. At 23, Meester is already a supporter of Botox. [WWD]
- Here we have it, the first official glimpse of Kanye West's Louis Vuitton sneakers, aka THE BEST SNEAKERS KNOWN TO MANKIND EVER. The $700+ kicks were inspired by the movie Dune, and Kanye's own mind-blowing genius. [Racked]
Professional make-up artist, required for applying these properly? Not included. [Vintage Ads]
• Meet Twiggy the waterskiing squirrel who was swimming in attention at the New York national boat show on Wednesday.•
- Rumored brat Peaches Geldof — sister of model Pixie — can add designer to her resume of insta-careers. "Designing for PPQ has been fun and inspiring. I've always loved their clothes, the way Amy can pull off the perfect arty dress over and over again. I love that my collection came out exactly as I wanted, blending…
- Newly-minted Louis Vuitton designer Sofia Coppola's road was not an easy one. "At the age when Marie-Antoinette was facing the rigid etiquette of the court of Versailles, the 15-year-old Coppola was working as an intern at Chanel in Paris, a city that her parents had always loved." No wonder, then, that "Coppola drew…
- Sacha Baron Cohen's fashionisto alter ego, the fey Austrian Bruno, stormed the catwalk in layers of schmatte during Agatha Ruiz de la Prada's runway show, setting off a security panic. Ultimately they had to call the police; all this will obvs end up in the upcoming Bruno movie. [Perez Hilton]
- Responding to the…