Hey there, "fashion-conscious females"! Spring is coming, and wouldn't you like to update your closet with some new looks for the new season? Well, check out these looks via British Pathé, which are so sharp, "They might even encourage the flower children to wear shows."
In keeping with the trend of fashion and beauty lines revitalizing the careers of former supermodels (and in some cases just plain starting the fashion careers of women of a certain age), L'Oréal Professionnel in the UK has named former '60s star Twiggy, now 65, the ambassador for their product Majirel High Lift,…
Writing this makes me feel like it's one of the Groundhog Day scenes where Bill Murray wakes up, yet again, to the clock radio playing "I Got You Babe," but Lindsay Lohan got arrested early this morning for smacking a dude with her car on the way into the parking lot of a club in New York's Meatpacking District.…
- Posh had a dream client, and her name is Michelle. "I would love to dress Mrs. Obama absolutely absolutely absolutely! I just think she's incredible and she's a very strong woman and she's beautiful," she said after the Oscars. [Fox]
Atten-hut! The Fall/Winter 2010 Burberry Prorsum show today in London was armed and dangerous. On the runway: Military looks sharp enough to slice mess hall meatloaf. In the crowd? Lots of names, sweetie. Names.
- Madonna goes all Italian neorealist for spring's Dolce & Gabbana campaign. You'd almost swear these images were by Vittorio de Sica, not Steven Klein. The advertising shots ran as editorial content "previewed" in Italian Vanity Fair. [Swide]
When you've got Kate, Jerry, Pixie, Twiggy and a hundred others, you know this is one red-carpet worth the gawking. And last night at the Royal Courts of Justice, they were!
- Victoria Beckham is out at Armani, and Megan Fox is in. The actress has just been photographed by Mert Alas and Marcus Piggott for next January's Emporio Armani underwear and Armani Jeans campaigns. [WWD]
- Model Lara Stone, size 4: "I don't want to be the fat one anymore, so, I have just started doing Pilates every morning, then going to the gym, running, and swimming." [ElleUK]
- Oy. Vey. When Mark Fast chose to use three plus-size models in his Friday show, one staffer allegedly quit in protest and the stylist was so abusive to the models that she was fired; a Telegraph stylist stepped in. [Fashionista]
- Leighton Meester made the September cover of Harper's Bazaar, and inside the magazine printed digitally-altered photos of the actress, intended to show how she will age. At 23, Meester is already a supporter of Botox. [WWD]