On the heels of Crushing Celebrity Divorce Season comes my second favorite time of the year, Celebrity Wedding season. And lo, the season comes in with a tremendous bang and we learn Cameron Diaz and Benji Madden are getting married (or perhaps are already married) right as you read these very words.
As the opening titles appeared solemnly on the screen—LINCOLN—my friend whispered, "It'd be better if it had an exclamation point at the end." Ha ha, we laughed. Ha ha.
- Britney showed up at the MTV awards. And talked. And somehow won a few. Then Russell Brand made jokes about promise rings and George Bush. [E!]
- Jordin Sparks defended purity rings and some people in the crowd cheered. MTV used to be edgy and subversive, right? [People]
- Schlocky tabloid paper News Of The World is…
- LOL headline of the day: "Jay-Z Leaves New Wife Beyoncé At Home To Watch Basketball." OMG you guys, he went somewhere without her! [Mirror]
- Is Beyoncé wearing gloves so we can't see her damn wedding ring? [Concrete Loop]
- Amy Winehouse is the headlining act this Saturday at a festival on the Isle Of Wight. Will she…
The Oscar ceremony may not happen this year, but the nominations themselves, just announced, prove that women are making inroads as writers. In addition to actress noms for Cate Blanchett (for both I'm Not There and Elizabeth: The Golden Age) and Julie Christie, Marion Cotillard, Laura Linney, and Ellen Page, the Best…