TJ Maxx, the store parents count on for back-to-school savings and deep discounts on interesting “home goods,” may be in some very big trouble. Two Maxxinistas who shop at the store on “occasion” are attempting to launch a class-action lawsuit against the store for deceptive pricing that means nothing.
Oh, dear, this is just too much: Some photographer plunked a costume-clad Benedict Cumberbatch into a pond, thereby recreating the beloved swimming Mr. Darcy scene from the BBC's adaptation of Pride and Prejudice. Somebody better check on Tumblr.
Here's how you know times are tough: Schmancy Brit socialite Lucy Sykes has filmed a T.J. Maxx commercial.
- Sofia Coppola debuts her line of "sure, why not?" accessories for Louis Vuitton in Tokyo. The luxe line is made up of "slouchy duffle bags, discreet clutches and retro wedge sandals." [WWD]
- Speaking of qualified designers, Posh's dress line is a hit in London! "The presence of her name on the shop floor alongside such…
- In case Gwyneth Paltrow's lifestyle blog, Goop, wasn't quite irritating enough, now she brings us a breakdown of how to get her look. Apparently Roger Vivier bangles help. And don't think that one Uniqlo skirt fools anyone, Gwynnie; we've been wise to those tricks since Lucky hit newsstands! [Racked]
- Addressing the alarming shortage of celebrity fragrances, Halle Berry, who is releasing her own, proclaims: "It’s a real, true expression of who I am — I was involved in all aspects of making it." [WWD]
- Oh, those wags at PETA! In another devastating jab at their fur-sporting nemeses, the animal rights wits have…