- Dick Cheney thinks: The Gays should be happy with whatever states choose not to discriminate against them; Americans should be glad George Tenet didn't have worse intel about the link between Saddam and Osama; and the Guantanamo detainees should be happy we didn't summarily execute them. [Time, CNN, MSNBC]
- Barack Obama responded to Dick Cheney's criticism that Obama would cause the next terrorist attack by saying that, in fact, it was going to be Cheney's fault. [Politico]
- Barack Obama on Leno last night claimed to bowl like a Special Olympian. I once bowled a zero (true story). Special Olympians bowl better than I do, and I know it. Obama should, too. [Politico]
- Everyone's still wondering who is to blame for nobody knowing everyone at AIG was about to get big fat
bonusretention payments this week. Today's culprit? The Fed, which Geithner once ran. [Washington Post]
Rachel Maddow appeared on David Letterman's show last night and, when asked to explain what exactly is fucked up about our economy, the housing crisis, and the AIG bonuses, did so in under 5 minutes.
Sanjay Gupta won't be joining the increasingly attractive Obama Administration, but Obama was chilling with Ted Kennedy at the Kennedy Center while the GOP continued to implode.
Roland Burris is in Hell and David Axelrod is all over the map. It's been quite the holiday weekend!
The end of the week is a time to sit and digest the insanity that the week has spawned. More news on Sarah Palin's style? Check. Canadian Parliamentary crisis? Check. A Supreme Court case on Barack Obama's birth certificate? Yup, got that, too. Between all of that, plus calls for Robert Mugabe to resign, Tim Geithner…
- Barack Obama made it official with Tim Geithner today, announcing that he will nominate Geither to the Treasury Department. Former Treasury Secretary Larry "Math Is Hard For Girls" Summers is headed to the top of the White House Economic Council and Berkeley economics professor Christina Romer will head the Council…