This is what The Joker looks like without that gaudy purple outfit. Here he is draped instead in runway looks from brands like Raf Simons, Supreme and Thom Browne.
Health goth is dead because fucking real goth is back, my cool little vampiras. All you fools in your little weenie Nike Free Runs, jogging tights and HBA jammies prepare to fall back because Real Goth is in town this fashion week and is set to destroy your downtown trustafarian personae with glares and severe face…
For his fall/winter collection, Thom Browne went from mental asylum to convent — keeping the unsettling flourishes and dramatic, oversized silhouettes constant, of course.
I mean it literally when I say for the demon in you — this collection, presented in New York City as part of New York Fashion week, is perfect for the woman-about-town who's possessed by a terrifying spirit from from a 19th century mental institution.
During Fashion Week, we've been milling around the tents, going to off-site shows, Fashion's Night Out events and sneaking backstage to find out how much people—designers, stylists, editors, celebrities, Real Housewives—pay for their shoes.
- Lily Allen told a British radio show that she is quitting performing for two years to open a boutique called Lucy In Disguise. She's also going to found a record label. [Elle UK]
- Did L.A. boutique Maxfield drop Victoria Beckham's dVb in favor of Holmes & Yang? Posh's people say Maxfield hasn't ordered the line for three seasons, and the decision had nothing to do with Katie Holmes, who is Posh's friend. [P6]
Holy mother of God, it's here. The September Issue, the long-awaited uncensored look inside Vogue, premiered last night at the Museum of Modern Art. And yes, everyone was there. And yes, there was a delicious mix of glam and bizarro.
- Pam Anderson is Vivienne Westwood's new muse. The two seem an unlikely pair but "when Westwood saw Anderson in one of her dresses she knew instantly that Pamela was the right person for her new campaign." [ElleUK]
Did you know that ties were "out" but now they're back in? (Is it just us or do we sound like Heidi Klum?). We didn't either, but today's NY Times "Thursday Styles" section told us so. The thing is, the writers and editors on the Times' Style desk are well-known for pulling stories out of their asses, so we decided…
- Shocking but true: MTV is investing in subversive style iconoclast Lauren Conrad's clothing line. What, Emily Weiss didn't tell her about "private equity"? We think this is a first for media behemoth Viacom and the apparel industry and we can only hope Toastie and Scott Baio's BFF are next, and that whoever owns Fuse…
- Marc Jacobs eats breakfast? Does he throw it up afterwards? [WWD, last item]
- Super-nice Australian dude Napoleon Perdis (yes, that's really his name) and his eponymous makeup line to become official beauty sponsor of this year's Emmy Awards. The guy is so genuinely nice, we don't even have anything snarky to say about…