It’s barely summer in the Western hemisphere and designers have already been showing their Resort 2016 collections, a perennial happening indicative of fashion’s exhausting churn and demand for new designs to stay afloat. First comes Resort, then there’s Pre-Fall, then there’s Mid-Pre-Fall, then there’s…
- Tom Ford, a man who immobilized his forehead with Botox, thinks people should go naked. Especially, well... "Fat women almost always look better without the constraint and lumpy pinching of clothes, all the straps and elastic squeezing and sucking." [ContactMusic]
The BLUE Scholarship Gala to benefit Spelman College brought out heavy-hitters and glam threads. Oh, and a strange bird costume from Star Jones.
Diane Von Furstenberg's Claridge's launch party in London brought out a lot of starry support for DVF. Tragically, although Madonna and Gwyneth were on hand and chummy we don't have pictures...but that doesn't mean you won't hear about them...
- Adriana Lima, husband Marko Jaric, and baby daughter Valentina posed for Hola! brazil. The Victoria's Secret model discussed her pregnancy, which was plagued with complications including preeclampsia. Valentina was born prematurely. [HuffPo]
It's hard to know what to make of Tamara Mellon. On the surface, she's a cunning businesswoman with the savvy to serve simultaneously as a brand figurehead. Or, possibly, a cunning brand figurehead with the ability to appear business-savvy.
Tom Ford's directorial debut A Single Man has been anticipated as a Stylish Event, and last night's screening - at the Museum of Modern Art - was too: a Madonna-Padma-Julianne-studded style extravaganza with just enough train-wreck to keep things interesting.
- Dana Thomas — author of Deluxe — wrote an excellent feature on the quagmire of the house of Versace. Thomas takes aim at Donatella and Santo Versace's resistance to change and ham-handed business decisions. It's a thrilling read. [Newsweek]
- Pictures of the new Kate Moss Topshop collection are out — and they prominently display the supermodel's breasts, which she just recently up and grew, like she's some kind of experimental woman built by science, or something. [Telegraph]
- Sonia Rykiel will be H&M's next guest designer. Her first collection of lingerie will be in stores in December and her knitwear and accessories collection will be available in February. [WWD]
- Diane Von Furstenberg: writer. The wrap doyenne's gonna "pen" a column for Departures, the high-falutin American Express travel magazine. "The designer and Council of Fashion Designers of America president will start writing about her jet-set life starting with the magazine's November/December issue." Let's hope she…