- To further her plan for wold domination, Snooki — author, slipper-wearer, and cultural touchstone to millions — will soon be pimping a slew of licensed products, including jewelry (a NYE ball necklace!), clothing, and sunglasses. [NYPost]
Pretty dress after pretty dress went by on the red carpet outside the Metropolitan Museum of Art last night — and it was all pretty damn unimpressive.
- South Korean training pants brand Good-Nites released an ad that parodies David Beckham's turn for Armani. Because they are not just functional, but fashionable, kiddies! This makes us a little bit uncomfortable because Beckham is so sexxy. [Copyranter]
- Nicolas Ghesquière picked the intolerably cool Charlotte Gainsbourg to advertise Balenciaga's perfume. Ghesquière calls his friend "one of the most inspiring girls in the world." Gainsbourg said, "I was secretly hoping to be the face of Nicolas' first perfume." [WWD]
- Michelle Obama wore French-born Brooklyn-based designer Sophie Theallet to unveil a bust of Sojourner Truth at Emancipation Hall yesterday. Naturally, journalistically, WWD asked the designer to specify the First Lady's measurements. Theallet declined. [WWD]
- Naomi Campbell's started her latest round of amends, this time a stint in a soup kitchen for assaulting a cop. Apparently she was ten minutes late. [The Mirror]
- No one will either confirm or deny that Ellen is a new Cover Girl. [AdAge]
- Nastia Liukin thrown in with the sharks. "Ms. Liukin was excited-giddy, almost-but…