Isabella Blow famously discovered Sophie Dahl and put her size-14 figure in Italian Vogue. But not everyone was as thrilled with Dahl's body, judging from the recent transformation of a nude David LaChapelle photo of her.
- In a deal with prosecutors, Charlie Sheen has agreed to plead guilty to a misdemeanor in his domestic assault case at a hearing next Monday. He'll be sentenced to 30 days in jail with no probation.
- "She's not involved in this collection," said Ungaro owner Asim Abdullah just before his show commenced this afternoon, Paris time. He was referring, of course, to "artistic adviser" Lindsay Lohan, whose future at Ungaro had long been in doubt. [WWD]
9:51am, EST. NBC.
- Model turned cookbook author Sophie Dahl is getting her own cooking show on BBC 2. Dahl says her show will cover on the "emotional" side of food. "It's cooking with an anecdotal thread, irreverent, unpredictable and not without flaw." [Sun]
- Freida Pinto and Evangeline Lilly are new faces of L'Oreal. To mark the occasion, Lilly said she's proud "to represent a brand whose ambition is to...contribute to the fulfilment [sic] and well-being of everyone." [PRNewswire]
- Confirmed: Madonna will do the Louis Vuitton fall campaign. With Jesus Luz? I imagine LVMH execs did a pro/con weighing the headline value against the risk that Madge would dump her boytoy ere September. [Grazia]
- TIME magazine invited Donatella Versace to the annual White House Correspondents dinner, and she thought the invitations said white lines so she RSVPed. No actually she thought they said "Winehouse" Correspondents dinner. [NY Mag]
- And speaking of cocaine! George W. Bush's cousin Lauren may be a handbag designing…
In today's Guardian, Zoe Williams writes about tall women and short men. "There are all sorts of inequalities within relationships," argues Williams, "but nothing so unfailingly tickles the world as the woman being taller." Williams herself is 5'10" and admits that "some men have, tragically, been off limits because I…
- 21 years ago today coke was more expensive, Iran and Iraq were at war, and two Long Islanders named Michael & Dina gave birth to a child named Lindsay. Please grant Lindsay the serenity to accept that her parents will be a convincing excuse for her problems for another decade, the courage to leave her $10,000/day…