Isabella Blow famously discovered Sophie Dahl and put her size-14 figure in Italian Vogue. But not everyone was as thrilled with Dahl's body, judging from the recent transformation of a nude David LaChapelle photo of her.
- In a deal with prosecutors, Charlie Sheen has agreed to plead guilty to a misdemeanor in his domestic assault case at a hearing next Monday. He'll be sentenced to 30 days in jail with no probation.
- "I don't give a fuck about red carpets, and I never do them," lies Gaga. "I don't like them. First of all — how could any of these outfits possibly look good with an ugly red carpet under them?" [ToL]
- "She's not involved in this collection," said Ungaro owner Asim Abdullah just before his show commenced this afternoon, Paris time. He was referring, of course, to "artistic adviser" Lindsay Lohan, whose future at Ungaro had long been in doubt. [WWD]
9:51am, EST. NBC.
- As if trashgate and the news that it knowingly sold genetically-engineered cotton as "organic" weren't bad enough, now H&M is in trouble for the unsafe levels of lead in its handbags. The revelation comes courtesy of California's strict environmental laws:
- How do we feel about the fact that Miley Cyrus dressed as Julia Roberts' Pretty Woman hooker-with-a-heart-of-gold character for an '80s party to celebrate her 17th birthday Wednesday night? [Page Six]
- Model turned cookbook author Sophie Dahl is getting her own cooking show on BBC 2. Dahl says her show will cover on the "emotional" side of food. "It's cooking with an anecdotal thread, irreverent, unpredictable and not without flaw." [Sun]
- Guess who is going to have to face her abuser and testify? Rihanna:
- Freida Pinto and Evangeline Lilly are new faces of L'Oreal. To mark the occasion, Lilly said she's proud "to represent a brand whose ambition is to...contribute to the fulfilment [sic] and well-being of everyone." [PRNewswire]
- Confirmed: Madonna will do the Louis Vuitton fall campaign. With Jesus Luz? I imagine LVMH execs did a pro/con weighing the headline value against the risk that Madge would dump her boytoy ere September. [Grazia]