The focal point for Alexander Wang's second show as Balenciaga's creative director were bug-eyed, Matrix-style glasses—which was opportune, because a FROWing baby Nori (with chaperones Kim and Kanye) was the ultimate shineblocka.
Groovy threads with a sense of humor and feminine flair were on the runway at the Rochas show in Paris today. Grab your hairspray and your 45s, ladies!
Olivier Theyskens no longer designs for Rochas, but under the direction of Marco Zanini — who has worked for Dolce & Gabbana and Versace — the line continues to be buzzworthy. Zanini's vision? Clothing that's simple, understated and elegant.
- After Palin names Escada as her fave brand, the creative director is gracious: "If she does wear Escada because she likes it, I mean, I’m honored actually. It’s not politics; it’s clothing, after all. No? She’s an attractive woman, so why not?" [New York Mag]
- Fashion's totally in the tank for Obama — but we knew that.…
- PETA apparently can't get over Armani's betrayal. Their latest devastating riposte? They've made these posters of Giorgio with a Pinocchio nose. [Towelroad]
- And in case that was over your head, that's "the puppet whose nose would grow when he told lies." [UPI]
- They should be happy with Henri Bendel; the department…