The GLAAD Manhattan event at 230 Fifth Avenue was hard to sum up, but we'll try: Real Housewives of New York, drag queens, stylists, caftans, sequins...and some very scant skivvies!
- This report claims that when Vanessa Paradis found out that her partner of 12 years, Johnny Depp, was supposed to shoot passionate love scenes with Angelina Jolie in The Tourist, she "ordered" him to quit the project.
I have never been so glad not to have been at an event as I was looking at "Arizona Beverages & Music Unites All Points West" celebration at NYC's The Cooper Square Hotel. Five words: models, indie rockers, scenesters, hell.
- Kate Moss partied in London wearing ripped-from-the-catwalk Fall 09 Balmain. The skintight dress, being a runway sample, wasn't designed for actual wear. So a seam split wide open. [Daily Mail]
[New York, February 18. Image via Bauer-Griffin]
- Apparently Thierry Mugler's doing Beyonce's tour costumes. This could go in one of two directions. [Style.com]
- Diddy: “I’m only about five minutes late because I was running around and spraying people." We think he's talking about his new "I Am King" fragrance — a monarch's gotta mark his territory! [WWD]
- Oh sweet Jesus: There are reports that Victoria Beckham will serve as the stylist on Tom Cruise's new movie, The Hardy Boys. [Fashionista]
- It's confirmed: The all-black Italian Vogue cover shot by Steven Meisel is a go and Jordan Dunn is set to star. [Vogue UK]
- Claire Danes: The new face of Gucci jewelry. Says Gucci…
Last night's challenge on Project Runway was the most insane thing ever. And not insane in a "make-a-dress-out-of-corn-husks" sort of way. Nope, reaching a brand new plateau of wacky, this week the designers were introduced to the "divas" of the WWE and asked to design them new wrestling costumes. Initial reaction:…