Pierre Berge, who was Yves Saint Laurent’s business and life partner until his death in 2008, appeared on Europe 1 French radio Wednesday to lambaste Western designers for making hijab and abaya for their Muslim customers. “These creators who are taking part in the enslavement of women should ask themselves some…
- Annabelle Neilsen, on Alexander McQueen: "He was loved by so many, but felt loved by so few." A Scottish pipe band played at McQueen's memorial service, and Björk performed in a winged dress made of molded wood and feathers.
- The Australian government has developed a vaguely worded, voluntary code of conduct for designers, modeling agencies, and fashion magazines intended to foster healthy body image among consumers. The code includes these provisions:
- Apparently Naomi Campbell — who just weeks ago was boasting of having mastered her volatile temper — assaulted her chauffeur because he is also chauffeurs her boyfriend, Vladimir Doronin, and he refused to tell her if Doronin was cheating. [NYPost]
- A wax doll impersonates Demi Moore in this latest Helena Rubinstein perfume ad, shot by Mert Alas and Marcus Piggott (the same team behind her atrociously 'shopped W cover). Can't wait for the "before" shot, Demi! [PhotoshopDisasters]
- A friend of Daul Kim who IM'd with the model the night before Kim was found dead in her Paris apartment says that Kim complained of feeling depressed, and was in an abusive relationship. But she was scared to leave: