Vote today, you guys! Vote! OK? Even if you're just a sycophant with no political leanings, vote because your favorite celebrities want you to. As Jay-Z substituted "Mitt" for "bitch" onstage during "99 Problems" at an Ohio rally for President Obama, Beyonce was at home writing a very nice letter to our president:…
A hotel in the Catskills that inspired Dirty Dancing has burned down despite the best efforts of 43 fire companies and some 300 firefighters to save a little piece of cinematic history. Though the movie was filmed mostly in North Carolina, Brown's Hotel in the city of Loch Sheldrake inspired the story of a girl…
It seems this 1979 commercial starring Patrick Swayze (and wife Lisa Niemi?) was designed to scare and confuse future generations. Why is Swayze doing Dirty Dancing moves in the middle of a roller rink? How did the hipsters in the background lose the disaffected sneer? And why does the announcer call Pabst "good" at…
Patrick Swayze, who died a year ago today, had "incredible masculinity, real guy energy," said the choreographer of Dirty Dancing. His brother said he taught him to be a man. But Swayze's version of masculinity was always more complex.
- Angelina Jolie is in Pakistan, raising awareness about the floods that have devastated the country, but she also spoke about the Florida church which plans to mark the ninth anniversary of the Sept. 11 attacks by burning the Koran.
A new study has purported to objectively show what makes a man a good dancer — and by extension, read "honest signals of a man's reproductive quality, in terms of health, vigor or strength." How related are they?
The greatness of Dirty Dancing was not lost on me in my near-daily viewings as a child and preteen, re-enacting every dance with my sister. What I learned a little later: it's a great, brave movie for women.
- Stephen Baldwin told a reporter at CPAC, "I am not happy about the way things are. I pray for President Obama every single day. But tell you what. Homey made this bed, now he has got to lay in it."
- Tiger Woods was briefly hospitalized after his car crashed into a fire hydrant and tree outside of his home early Friday morning. Woods suffered lacerations on his lips, but is otherwise "in good condition." [Reuters]
- Supposedly, Johnny Depp doesn't want to make another Pirates of the Caribbean because he knows the last two "sucked." Disney will offer him a huge paycheck and if he refuses, he'll be replaced by a younger Zac Efron-type.
- Lindsay Lohan will host concerts coinciding with the Singapore Grand Prix this weekend because Nicole Scherzinger had to cancel. Linds says she's qualified because, "I studied NASCAR for almost a year for Herbie. It was very hot inside those cars..."