Face masks have quite a few naysayers, who pooh pooh their potency and dismiss them as a get-rich-quick scheme for bored beauty executives. And they’re right—to some degree. Face masks only work if they’re used consistently. When used correctly, face masks can bequeath the plumpness of a baby’s bottom onto your cold,…
One of the nuances Karl Marx failed to predict in his assessment of late stage capitalism—our current epoch of globalization and mass consumerism—is the steady lubrication provided by YouTube personalities on behalf of corporations pumping out useless shit for us to buy.
This article originally appeared in The New York Observer in 1993 and is anthologized in Luc's wonderful collection of essays, Kill All Your Darlings.
Not only is the completely false and made-up term "anti-aging" loathsome, the ads associated with "anti-aging" products are, without fail, offensive, cruel and chock-full of misleading language. Let's take a look, shall we?
- Gwen Stefani's soon-to-be-released Harajuku Lovers fragrance collection comes with dolls that look just like her own Harajuku girl back-up dancers. WTF. [WWD, sub req'd]
- OMG is Britney Spears going to "collaborate" on a clothing line with Ed Hardy? Like whoah. [Star]
- The newest Donatella-designed Versace watch retails…
- In an unprecedented gesture, Donatella Versace has named Patrick Dempsey the face of the Versace men's line for not one but two consecutive seasons. Perhaps she's impressed by his track record on the whole "gets hotter every year OMG" front? [Fashion Week Daily]
- Speaking of Donatella, Tom Ford agrees with her that…