Men have had long hair since practically the beginning of time, but, if you believe the New York Times, guys have only just figured out that you can put your hair up in a bun. Cue the simultaneous "duhs" from ladies across the planet, for whom buns are a way of life. Of course, now that young, hip men have latched on…
Tyra Banks' YA novel Modelland just débuted at number 2 on the New York Times' best-seller list, children's chapter books section. You can read an excerpt — this is the story with the protagonist named Tookie De La Creme, remember — here. [NewNowNext]nabbed the cover of Australian 's November issue (cover line:…
- Emma Watson has returned as the Spring face of Burberry. This time, she brought her younger brother, Alex, along for the ride.
Be thankful if you still have a job: After the hell year that was 2009, a lot of fashion people don't. Many designers were fired, some were hired, and plenty lost their businesses altogether. An overview of the tumult:
- The return of Mad Men is a mere 37 days away, and the AMC show has struck a deal with Banana Republic:
- Eva Mendes should just drop the transparent "acting" career. The woman — Calvin Klein perfume campaign-snagger, fashion event-schmoozer, Revlon face, and Italian Vogue poseur — is, as these Calvin Klein ads further prove, basically a model now. Embrace it! [People]
- Posters The Last International Playboy, featuring Lydia Hearst in a state of undress have been banned in major cities. We just hope all this publicity right ahead of the June 12 release won't harm its box-office! [Observer]
- Kohl's seems to think a Lauren Conrad fashion line will be a winner. And we had been so joyful when it seemed the Lauren Conrad Collection was taking a permanent vacation! [NY Times]