Nina Ricci's show was feminine, ladylike and muted — and, of course, there was plenty of red-carpet fodder.Tailoring was soft and 50's-inflected. The palette hewed to neutrals with the occasional shot of burgundy, pink, and blue. She didn't abandon the season's mandatory sparkle entirely. At other…
- The mystery man Gisele Bündchen was seen canoodling with at a Paris Vogue party is believed to be a New York art dealer — and ex-boyfriend of Bündchen's fellow Brazilian model Ana Beatriz Barros — named Helly Nahmad. Ahem. [Racked]
Monday I received an email about the March Free People catalog. "I am cleaning the vomit off of myself," wrote the tipster. "Just wait until you see the slouch clog." Yesterday? Another email:
Be thankful if you still have a job: After the hell year that was 2009, a lot of fashion people don't. Many designers were fired, some were hired, and plenty lost their businesses altogether. An overview of the tumult:
- Ungaro's CEO says Lindsay Lohan was appointed creative director because, "Celebrities today attract lots of attention and having a moving, dancing, swinging, living doll is, we hope, going to bring down the age group at Ungaro while keeping the DNA."
Writer Michelle Tea followed Beth Ditto through the whirl of Paris fashion week, and lived to tell The Believer. What's interesting about Tea's account is that it places front-and-center one of the fashion industry's biggest unstated issues: Social class.
- The return of Mad Men is a mere 37 days away, and the AMC show has struck a deal with Banana Republic:
- Eva Mendes should just drop the transparent "acting" career. The woman — Calvin Klein perfume campaign-snagger, fashion event-schmoozer, Revlon face, and Italian Vogue poseur — is, as these Calvin Klein ads further prove, basically a model now. Embrace it! [People]
- Posters The Last International Playboy, featuring Lydia Hearst in a state of undress have been banned in major cities. We just hope all this publicity right ahead of the June 12 release won't harm its box-office! [Observer]