"It’s definitely been something I’ve struggled with. It’s kind of like one type of girl they’re always looking for. It can drive a plus-size actress crazy at the end of the day. But I really don’t let it get to me. I’m very aware of my body. I’m very aware of myself. I love my body. I love myself."
Downton Abbey creator Julian Fellowes would have liked to give Matthew and Lady Mary Crawley a happier ending, but wasn't able to because Dan Stevens bailed so unceremoniously.
Monday, news broke that ABC Family had canceled groundbreaking series Huge. Tuesday, we started a petition to save Huge. Wednesday, Huge star Nikki Blonsky contacted us, offering her sincere thanks. Last night we asked some questions.
ABC Family has cancelled Huge, the show created by My-So-Called Life's Winnie Holzman and her daughter, Savannah Dooley. And it's such a shame.
Last night's episode of Huge — the fat camp drama from My So-Called Life's Winnie Holzman — dealt with Parents' Day, giving us a chance to see painfully embarrassing parents, and how weight plays a part in the family dynamic.
Last night on Huge — a show from the creator of My So-Called Life — Camp Victory held a weigh-in. The face of each camper stepping on the scale told a different story: Anxious, terrified, excited, nervous, pessimistic, hopeful.
We're told teens deal with conformity, but every single woman in an eensy mini? This took herd mentality to a whole new level! Luckily, there were bright spots amidst the sea of gams and booties...and, um, Levi.
The second episode of fat-camp show Huge — created by My So Called Life's Winnie Holzman and her daughter, Savannah Dooley — included a scene right after our women's mag-mocking hearts.
Hairspray's Nikki Blonsky and Hayley Hasselhoff have been cast in an ABC Family TV series called Huge. This show just might be great, and here's why:
This Is It premiered last night in L.A., New York and London, and everyone from J.Lo to Sherri, Paris to Mel B., Rosie to Katy, Paula to Vivica, paid sartorial homage to the Gloved One. With, um, mixed results.
- Lindsay and Sam fought in the D.J. booth at a party on Friday, but made up later in the ladies' room. Supposedly Sam won't leave Linds because "she doesn't have a career without her."
- Good Morning, you have new president. His name is Barack Obama. No, he cannot start today. But soon. And he says: "If there is anyone out there who still doubts that America is a place where all things are possible; who still wonders if the dream of our founders is alive in our time; who still questions the power of…
- Less than a month until the election, folks, and it's getting really ugly.
- John McCain sounding like a total loon during the debates, calling Obama "That One": ugly.
- Illogical republican strategists yelling at Newsweek for putting a (gasp!) un-retouched photo of Sarah Palin on the cover: ugly!
- Nikki Blonsky kicking …