Net-a-porter, the online designer fashion mecca, is in talks to be bought by retail giant Amazon for the cool sum of $2.19 billion, Women's Wear Daily reports.
Mattel's limited edition Karl Lagerfeld Barbie has already sold out.
Well, here's Diane von Furstenberg's attempt to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear. Her limited edition collection for Google Glass will be available next week through online luxury retailer Net-a-Porter with a price tag as unpalatable as its design.
When it's good, Brit style is so very, very good: whimsical and daring and polished in equal measure. So is it any wonder that the fashionista-studded Net-A-Porter 10th Birthday Party at London's Westfield was a style bonanza? (Okay, with kneesocks...)
- If you share our concerns about the lovely Alexa Chung's posture, you will not find her Vogue UK cover, or the editorial that goes with it, particularly soothing. [ONTD]
- Whitney Port isn't in Kell On Earth. And on Lauren Conrad: "We still keep in touch on a friendship level. But in terms of fashion we don't really talk about it anymore because we're not in the same arena." [PopEater]
- Jennifer Lopez is getting out of the U.S. clothing business, closing her brand, Sweetface. In 2007, Lopez shuttered JLO, replacing it with Justsweet — which then closed after two seasons. It's tough out there for a wannabe fashion mogul. [WWD]
- Kanye West and Amber Rose hit up the American Apparel in NoHo for hoodies and sunglasses. "He was really nice about getting his photo taken for our blog," said the store manager. Doesn't he look it! [AmApp]
- Carrie Bradshaw in Burberry in Sex and the City movie ads: Potentially even more damaging to the brand than the chavs? [Vogue UK]
- Quick turnaround! Halston redux will be available on-line on Net-a-Porter the day after its runway show next week? Says Net-a-Porter chairman Natalie Massenet:"I am sure this will be a…
Portƒolio's fashion blog points us to Santa's Helper at Net-A-Porter. The virtual assistant is actually a customizable video of a foxy blonde Brit in a red dress, "assigned" to help women get what they want for Christmas via the men in their life. All users have to do is enter information via a series of drop-down…
- Roberto Cavalli is now in the wine business. We hope it comes with a leopard print label! [WWD, 1st item]
- Diane Lane is the latest Neutrogena "brand ambassador." Jesus Christ do we hate that term. [WWD, 2nd item]
- Marcus Wilmont and Maki Aminaka Lofvander won England's Fashion Fringe award for their label Aminaka…
- After shooting her for a Dom Perignon campaign, Karl Lagerfeld expressed amazement at Claudia Schiffer's ability to play the diva at the heart of the campaign's storyline. We further express amazement that Karl got over his own whopping diva attitude to actually compliment someone other than himself. [WWD, 1st item]