I love a lot of this, and it also reminds me of what I thought New York people dressed like when I was growing up. So, what a girl in Oakland thought the NYC fashion world/hostess at a hip restaurant was all about in the late 80s-early 90s. If that makes sense.
For any fashion-watcher getting a little sick of all the never-ending 70s vibes of the past few seasons, Narciso Rodriguez's collection is a breath of fresh air. (If air, that is, can be clean-lined, abstract and modern. And wearing flat boots.)These absolutely heel-less wonders mark a big change. I'm guessing…
Don't worry! There was still plenty of structure and minimalism and faultless chic and all those other NR words we love (modern! architectural!) But things were definitely softer and, dare we say it...more romantic? In a suit-of-armor sort of way.
- In case you might have forgotten their existence, the Kardashian sisters would like to remind you that they have not only a Bebe clothing line, but also a jewelry collection. It is, says Kim, "inspired by our Armenian heritage." [People]
- Kate Moss partied in London wearing ripped-from-the-catwalk Fall 09 Balmain. The skintight dress, being a runway sample, wasn't designed for actual wear. So a seam split wide open. [Daily Mail]
- Designers like Donna Karan, Elie Tahari and Thakoon are fighting to get to Michelle Obama. [WWD]
- Even though her Narciso Rodriguez dress drew mixed reviews. [NY Times]
- According to polls, 65% considered it a "Don't." [USA Today]
- Proenza Schouler’s Jack McCollough on the election. “A shout-out to the gays? I mean, never,…
- Who was the First Lady-elect wearing? Narciso Rodriguez. [Style.com]
- Marc Jacobs cancels his annual holiday costume party (this year was "Rock and Roll Circus")in deference to the economy. Last year he went as a camel toe. [ElleUK]
- Following the success of its Go!International collection, which features emerging…
- PETA apparently can't get over Armani's betrayal. Their latest devastating riposte? They've made these posters of Giorgio with a Pinocchio nose. [Towelroad]
- And in case that was over your head, that's "the puppet whose nose would grow when he told lies." [UPI]
- They should be happy with Henri Bendel; the department…