Congratulations, New Yorkers! Not only are you the envy of every arts-and-culture-starved burg of these United States, but now you've got something else to be proud of: A Tonya Harding/Nancy Kerrigan museum opening in Brooklyn! (Surprise!)
I was 5 years old when I fell in love with Tonya Harding. The year was 1988, and I had just taken up figure skating. My favorite aunt, Julie, had recently moved from my Maryland neighborhood to Portland, Ore., and I was determined to find something to like about the state. Tonya, a scrappy Oregonian underdog, was the…
Tonight, ESPN is set to air a "30 for 30" documentary, The Price of Gold, which chronicles the Nancy Kerrigan–Tonya Harding scandal that rocked the 1994 Winter Olympics in Lillehammer. Vulture's Lindsey Weber has a pretty terrific interview with the documentary's director, Nanette Burstein, who previously helmed the…
If you were hoping against hope that you'd be able to enjoy the Sochi Winter Olympics this February, despite all the Russian anti-gay fuckery, because cuddling up with your couch blanket and mug of spiked apple cider for days and days of prime-time coverage of figure skating is your idea of a little slice of glitter…
"Twenty years," said Jeff Stone, standing at the door of his home in Clackamas, Ore. "Is that what it is?"
- Kevin Smith says the way the media covered him being kicked off a Southwest flight was, "Pathetic. I was unfairly bounced and discriminated against, but they never bothered to tell that story. They just went with the easy fat jokes."
- The PGA Tour announced today that Tiger Woods will speak at a press conference on Friday, "to begin the process of making amends." Later, Tiger was photographed for the first time in months jogging with a friend near his home.
- A police source says Alec Baldwin was rushed to the hospital last night because his 14-year-old daughter Ireland called 911 and said he was "unresponsive," and had threatened to take pills while they were arguing. Baldwin's spokesperson explained:
• According to a survey, 40 percent of French men think they're the best lovers in Europe. French women claim Italians are the most attentive lovers. •
- Victoria Beckham says the dresses in her fashion line are, "For women of all different shapes and sizes. Actually, the one I tried on yesterday was the one Jennifer [Lopez] wore..."
- In what TMZ is billing as the "Decline of Western Civilization," Khloe Kardashian toured the White House and met President Obama today.
One of the most-loathed figures in sports history, former figure skater Tanya Harding, is trying to glide back into the limelight and the public's good graces with a new memoir, The Tanya Tapes. According to Newsweek, Harding claims that her ex-husband, Jeff Gillooly, the man who orchestrated the kneecap busting…